‘Biggest Losers’ Admit to Having Used Dangerous Weight Loss Methods
Contestants on “The Biggest Loser” have admitted to having implemented fad diets or dangerous methods of rapid weight loss to win the $250,000 offered by the show. At least two participants have divulged that they dehydrated themselves intentionally, and others have stated that they wore multiple layers of clothing during exercise to shed pounds quickly. While the show is filming, it is common for participants to lose 15 or more pounds per week.
In light of this information, it is not surprising that most of these people are gaining most or all of the weight back once they leave the show. In the real world, doctors and nutritionists typically recommend about two pounds of weight loss per week to acheive steady, sustainable weight loss. However in the rhealm of reality television, fast results certainly make for better drama.
Drama is one thing when you’re vying for the attention of a washed up hip hop star, airing your dirty laundry, eating bugs, or repelling down skyscrapers, but it is entirely different ethically when health risks are involved. Weight loss that is too rapid is associated with heart complications and is not sustainable. So, if you’re thinking of wearing a garbage bag while sweating it out, or going on a serious calorie restriction for weeks or months, do yourself a favor and do it the right way – slowly.
Photo by malia
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 Brooklyn Man Now Living Entirely Off Own Beard Garden
- 2 First Openly Straight Figure Skater Comes Forward
- 3 “Cra Cra” Now Official Diagnosis in New DSM (DSM-5)
- 4 OfficeMax Marketing Director Struggling to Make Staplers ‘Sexy’ and ‘Conversational’
- 5 Area Man Tailors Life To Be More Relevant To His Hulu Advertisements
- 6 Homeless Guy Woos Silicon Valley VCs with Low-Tech Crowdfunding Startup
- 7 Fan Banging Furiously on Glass Could Be the Difference in Hockey Playoffs
- 8 Survey: 88% of Eagles Fans Too Drunk To Spell Nnamdi Asomugha Last Season
- 9 Attorney Actually Starting to Believe Own Bullshit
- 10 Local Mom Won’t Stop Being First Person to Like Every Goddamn Thing Son Posts to Facebook