F#ck the Gap Christmas Ad
Some people hate Christmas. Some people say things like, “America has taken a simple holiday that was meant to be about love and joy and turned it into a gross celebration of consumerism.” Or they say things like: “America has taken the birth of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and turned it into… a gross celebration of consumerism.” Or, if they’re slightly smarter, they say: “Historians believe that Jesus was born in the summer, not the winter, and Christmas is just a modification of an old pagan holiday that we have turned into a gross celebration of consumerism.”
To these people I say the following: SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP, GIVE ME MY FREE PRESENTS NOW. Presents! No other holiday gives you so many presents! I don’t like candy, turkey is gross, and Easter confuses me because I’m Jewish. But Christmas… now there’s a motherfucking holiday. That gives you lots of presents. My family made token attempts to celebrate Hanukkah when I was a kid, until I wisely bitched and moaned and correctly pointed out that you don’t get nearly as many presents for Hanukkah as you get for Christmas. (Only one present a night for Hanukkah? That’s bullshit!) Thus, my family switched over to the celebration of Christmas, and we’ve never looked back since.
…To be fair, there are some problems with Christmas. Such as the fact that the holiday shopping season now apparently starts in August. And then there are the horrible Christmas commercials that start playing in November. Like this one:
OHHHHH CHRISTMAS YOU SO FINE YOU SO FINE YOU BLOW MY MIND, GO CHRISTMAS! CLAP CLAP CLAP! GO CHRISTMAS! Awesome job, The Gap, way to go!
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 First Openly Straight Figure Skater Comes Forward
- 2 Brooklyn Man Now Living Entirely Off Own Beard Garden
- 3 “Cra Cra” Now Official Diagnosis in New DSM (DSM-5)
- 4 OfficeMax Marketing Director Struggling to Make Staplers ‘Sexy’ and ‘Conversational’
- 5 Homeless Guy Woos Silicon Valley VCs with Low-Tech Crowdfunding Startup
- 6 Area Man Tailors Life To Be More Relevant To His Hulu Advertisements
- 7 Fan Banging Furiously on Glass Could Be the Difference in Hockey Playoffs
- 8 Survey: 88% of Eagles Fans Too Drunk To Spell Nnamdi Asomugha Last Season
- 9 Local Mom Won’t Stop Being First Person to Like Every Goddamn Thing Son Posts to Facebook
- 10 Surgeon General Pleads For Americans to Chew Their Food 3 or 4 Times At the Very Least