Hairspray Star is Selling Shoes this Summer
Hollywood is such a fickle place: one minute you’re headlining a movie,dancing opposite John Travolta and Zac Efron, the next you’re trying to figure out how to work that metal shoe sizer.
Nikki Blonsky, who played the lead in 2007′s “Hairspray” and stared in last summer’s beloved but ultimately doomed fat camp series “Huge” is spending her summer, like many other twenty somethings, working in retail.
Perez Hilton reports Blonsky is working at a fancy footwear boutique in Great Neck, NY called Steven Dann. So while ringing up shoes might be a far cry from the red carpet, it’s not like she’s slumming it at Payless.
What’s more, her boss has only kind words for her job performance reported to have called her “one of the best employees he’s ever had!”
Fans of Blonsky shouldn’t worry about her making a career out of pump peddling as sources further explain, “She’s really sweet to the little kids that come in the store. She even sings and dances for the customers, busting out the tunes from Hairspray! She’s supposedly working on a project that will catapult her career, something bigger than Hairspray!”
It looks like Blonsky is just as positive as the sunny sixties girl she portrayed. Whether life gives her segregation or eight hours of feet, the answer is a smile and a dance.
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 Brooklyn Man Now Living Entirely Off Own Beard Garden
- 2 “Cra Cra” Now Official Diagnosis in New DSM (DSM-5)
- 3 OfficeMax Marketing Director Struggling to Make Staplers ‘Sexy’ and ‘Conversational’
- 4 First Openly Straight Figure Skater Comes Forward
- 5 Area Man Tailors Life To Be More Relevant To His Hulu Advertisements
- 6 Fan Banging Furiously on Glass Could Be the Difference in Hockey Playoffs
- 7 Survey: 88% of Eagles Fans Too Drunk To Spell Nnamdi Asomugha Last Season
- 8 Attorney Actually Starting to Believe Own Bullshit
- 9 Homeless Guy Woos Silicon Valley VCs with Low-Tech Crowdfunding Strartup
- 10 Local Mom Won’t Stop Being First Person to Like Every Goddamn Thing Son Posts to Facebook