Babies and Bars: A Perfect Combination
I know what you’re thinking, where can I take vodka shots and take care of my newborn? Oh, you know, just one of several bars in Brooklyn and Manhattan that allow you to bring your baby along.
Jo Piazza writes on City Unlisted (a new beta by Gilt City) that Der Schwarze Kolner and Bierkraft in Brooklyn welcome strollers and young tots to their establishments. Not only is the trend present in Brooklyn, Manhattan bars such as the Gramercy Tavern and the Ear Inn on Spring Street allow toddlers in their facilities as well.
The whole idea sounds so cool, but what about the fact that no one under 21 is allowed in bars? And what parent would feel comfortable with their babies out in public in their intoxicated hands, much less around drunk strangers?
Actually, most things on City Unlisted and Gilt City may seem a little bit strange to those not fully entrenched in the top 1% of New York City’s economic strata. Gilt City is the Groupon style site where you can get great “deals” on high-end New York exclusives, such as a $1,200 dinner for ten in a wine vault. What a value.
The beta site, now bookmarked by babysitters and nannies across the city, also highlights the best body glitter for gay pride—a steal at $40 each.
Whether or not there will soon be a front-page story about a toddler getting a gin and tonic instead of a ginger ale, this trend should end quickly, and be reserved for creepy fathers who use their babies to pick up chicks at the bar. Actually, that shouldn’t be allowed either. Babies in bars should be off limits, period.
More from Alex Hughes:
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 Brooklyn Man Now Living Entirely Off Own Beard Garden
- 2 “Cra Cra” Now Official Diagnosis in New DSM (DSM-5)
- 3 OfficeMax Marketing Director Struggling to Make Staplers ‘Sexy’ and ‘Conversational’
- 4 First Openly Straight Figure Skater Comes Forward
- 5 Area Man Tailors Life To Be More Relevant To His Hulu Advertisements
- 6 Fan Banging Furiously on Glass Could Be the Difference in Hockey Playoffs
- 7 Survey: 88% of Eagles Fans Too Drunk To Spell Nnamdi Asomugha Last Season
- 8 Attorney Actually Starting to Believe Own Bullshit
- 9 Homeless Guy Woos Silicon Valley VCs with Low-Tech Crowdfunding Strartup
- 10 Local Mom Won’t Stop Being First Person to Like Every Goddamn Thing Son Posts to Facebook