HOAX – Woman Gets Tattoo of 152 Friends’ Facebook Pictures
Update June 9, 2011 – DutchNews reports that the whole thing is a hoax. The “tattoo” was made with ink transfer “that washes off in a couple of days,” says tattoo artist Dex Moelker.
Youtube user ‘susyj87′ posted a video of her getting a “social tattoo” of 152 of her friend’s Facebook pictures. Uh, despite the fact that this had to have cost a shitload and taken hours upon hours to accomplish, why exactly did she do this? It’s kind of a cute idea, but then again I don’t know if I can find 152 of my Facebook friends who I even like, much less like enough to have each of their pictures tattooed on myself.
Susyj87 says it took “months of work,” which is a given. 152 tattoos usually take a while to do.
Five years from now this tattoo will probably serve as a glaring reminder of what Facebook once was, a social media site where we obsessed over profile pictures, statuses, and wall posts. Too bad this tattoo doesn’t come with a “de-friend” button for when she inevitably grows apart, or grows to hate, one or more of her friends on her arm.
More from Alex Hughes:
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 Amanda Bynes’s Behavior Revealed to Be Elaborate PSA
- 2 Obama Horrified by the Grammar in Our Emails
- 3 Monster Fart Prompting Management to Rethink “Open Office”
- 4 NSA Demanded Access To Un-Filtered Instagram Photos
- 5 Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson Ambushed By Alan ‘The Paper’ Rubinstein
- 6 ‘Licensed to Kim Jong Il’ Records 27th Straight Year Atop N. Korean Charts
- 7 ‘A/S/L’ Most Asked Question At Kaplan Online University Reunion
- 8 Stanley Cup Final One Blowout Away From “Boston Massacre” Headline Outrage
- 9 Vice Magazine Now Only Hiring Writers Who Fail Drug Test