Thanksgiving NFL Picks: John vs. Jim Harbaugh–Who’s Cane, Who’s Abel?
Stuff the bird, do some shots with the Harbaughs, and get ready for some Thanksgiving Day football!
Packers (-6.5) over LIONS
Usually, Lions games on Thanksgiving are only worthwhile because they let you sneak away from yappy aunts and drink heavily in front of the TV. But this year, it’s a different story. The Lions are serious contenders; with Jay Cutler out for the next 6-8 weeks, they’re almost certainly headed to the playoffs. They’re a young, angry team, and they’ll be ready. But so will the Packers. Green Bay hasn’t faced a serious challenge since they beat the Falcons in Week 5. The way Aaron Rodgers is playing, you’d be insane to bet against the Packers winning by 7 or more.
Dolphins (+7) Over COWBOYS
By Week 12, the first 6 weeks of the season are essentially meaningless. That’s especially true this year, when the lockout left a lot of teams still struggling to find their groove in September. Since Week 6, the Dolphins have lost the Tebow miracle game, lost @ The Giants by 3, and clobbered the Chiefs, Redskins and Bills by an average of TWENTY TWO POINTS PER GAME. The Cowboys are hot, but so are the Dolphins. Matt Moore’s crew is going to surprise a lot of people and have a shot at the upset in the 4th.
Ravens (-3) over 49ers
The road team always gets clobbered on Thanksgiving. Jim Harbaugh has been bitching non-stop about having to travel 3 times zones on a short week, clearly as a brilliant reverse-jinx slash “everyone is out to get us” play. I’d also mention the whole “two brothers coaching against each other on Thanksgiving” thing, but you’re going to be beaten over the head with that all day tomorrow. Enjoy.
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 Brooklyn Man Now Living Entirely Off Own Beard Garden
- 2 First Openly Straight Figure Skater Comes Forward
- 3 “Cra Cra” Now Official Diagnosis in New DSM (DSM-5)
- 4 OfficeMax Marketing Director Struggling to Make Staplers ‘Sexy’ and ‘Conversational’
- 5 Area Man Tailors Life To Be More Relevant To His Hulu Advertisements
- 6 Homeless Guy Woos Silicon Valley VCs with Low-Tech Crowdfunding Startup
- 7 Fan Banging Furiously on Glass Could Be the Difference in Hockey Playoffs
- 8 Survey: 88% of Eagles Fans Too Drunk To Spell Nnamdi Asomugha Last Season
- 9 Attorney Actually Starting to Believe Own Bullshit
- 10 Local Mom Won’t Stop Being First Person to Like Every Goddamn Thing Son Posts to Facebook