Super Bowl: LOL Tibet?
Anyone catch that Groupon commercial just now that for a second seemed like a PSA for Tibet? The one where Timothy Hutton really, really liked his deal for Asian food? Anyone else find it kinda, well, offensive?
I’m all for poking fun at things – even more serious things. I don’t consider myself preachy, and don’t particularly like to rule things off the table for jokes. But when it comes to ads? Where the purpose is to get money off of being controversial? That’s just kinda over the top. And this is coming from a guy who really, really enjoys his Groupons.
But I guess it worked, because here I am typing about it. So I guess I’ll stop here. But I was just curious to see what anyone else thought about the ad. Maybe it’s just me. Maybe distastefully getting money off of repression is the cool thing to do these days. I mean, after that robo-halftime show, I’m thinking I may be way, way off about American culture right now. All I know is that Don Draper would totally, totally not approve.
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 First Openly Straight Figure Skater Comes Forward
- 2 Brooklyn Man Now Living Entirely Off Own Beard Garden
- 3 “Cra Cra” Now Official Diagnosis in New DSM (DSM-5)
- 4 OfficeMax Marketing Director Struggling to Make Staplers ‘Sexy’ and ‘Conversational’
- 5 Homeless Guy Woos Silicon Valley VCs with Low-Tech Crowdfunding Startup
- 6 Area Man Tailors Life To Be More Relevant To His Hulu Advertisements
- 7 Fan Banging Furiously on Glass Could Be the Difference in Hockey Playoffs
- 8 Survey: 88% of Eagles Fans Too Drunk To Spell Nnamdi Asomugha Last Season
- 9 Local Mom Won’t Stop Being First Person to Like Every Goddamn Thing Son Posts to Facebook
- 10 Shaq Confident He Will Eventually Make Funny Quip on TNT