Super Bowl: Halftime Interview With Ben Roethlisberger
I snuck into the locker room right before the end of the half and was able to run down Ben Roethlisberger. I had a lot of questions for him, but was quickly chased from the locker room by security. Here’s what we had time to get through:
What a journey this season has been for you, Ben. Congratulations on making it back to the Super Bowl. What’s it like playing in the big game after serving out a suspension to start the year?
We played through it and the team did great. We’ve had a great season and it was unfortunate that is happened. We’ve really come together as a team as a result of my suspension. It is what it is, and we’re playing in the Super Bowl.
Which is more difficult – playing in the Super Bowl or picking up chicks?
Obviously the Super Bowl is more difficult. You’re playing the best team in the league and it’s never going to be easy. Also, I’m the quarterback of the Pittsburgh Steelers. I get girls even when I’m not trying. I get girls even when they’re not trying. It just comes easy to me, ya know?
Do you think going out Tuesday night is having an effect on your play tonight?
I don’t think so. I didn’t really drink much and just took the boys out. I’d really like people to stop talking about it. Not an issue.
You have 2 interceptions tonight – are you sure you aren’t still drunk?
I’m sobering up.
Good luck in the second half.
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 Brooklyn Man Now Living Entirely Off Own Beard Garden
- 2 “Cra Cra” Now Official Diagnosis in New DSM (DSM-5)
- 3 OfficeMax Marketing Director Struggling to Make Staplers ‘Sexy’ and ‘Conversational’
- 4 First Openly Straight Figure Skater Comes Forward
- 5 Area Man Tailors Life To Be More Relevant To His Hulu Advertisements
- 6 Fan Banging Furiously on Glass Could Be the Difference in Hockey Playoffs
- 7 Survey: 88% of Eagles Fans Too Drunk To Spell Nnamdi Asomugha Last Season
- 8 Attorney Actually Starting to Believe Own Bullshit
- 9 Homeless Guy Woos Silicon Valley VCs with Low-Tech Crowdfunding Strartup
- 10 Local Mom Won’t Stop Being First Person to Like Every Goddamn Thing Son Posts to Facebook