Infographic: Is College Still Worth It?
With college tuition prices inflating four times more than the general economy over the past 25 years and the prospect of spending half their adult life re-paying student loans, many current and prospective college students are questioning whether college is worth it — even as their parents still expect their children to gain a college education.
If you’ve wondered whether college is worth it yourself, you should check out the infographic below. It’s an intriguing, but by no means perfect, exploration of the question. Among its flaws are how college graduates are compared to high school graduates, without any kind of category for those who learned a skilled trade. It would be very interesting to see how this demographic compared to those with those with a college degree. It also would make sense to separate “college graduates” into different categories based on the kind of degree earned. This information would be especially intriguing now, as more students complain that a bachelor’s degree wasn’t quite the investment it was sold as.
At any rate, there’s a lot of interesting information here. Among the most surprising: 75% of college graduates said they would do something different if they were starting college over again.
Is College Still Worth It – Graphic by Degree Jungle
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 First Openly Straight Figure Skater Comes Forward
- 2 Brooklyn Man Now Living Entirely Off Own Beard Garden
- 3 “Cra Cra” Now Official Diagnosis in New DSM (DSM-5)
- 4 OfficeMax Marketing Director Struggling to Make Staplers ‘Sexy’ and ‘Conversational’
- 5 Homeless Guy Woos Silicon Valley VCs with Low-Tech Crowdfunding Startup
- 6 Area Man Tailors Life To Be More Relevant To His Hulu Advertisements
- 7 Fan Banging Furiously on Glass Could Be the Difference in Hockey Playoffs
- 8 Survey: 88% of Eagles Fans Too Drunk To Spell Nnamdi Asomugha Last Season
- 9 Attorney Actually Starting to Believe Own Bullshit
- 10 Local Mom Won’t Stop Being First Person to Like Every Goddamn Thing Son Posts to Facebook