Infographic: Is College Still Worth It?
With college tuition prices inflating four times more than the general economy over the past 25 years and the prospect of spending half their adult life re-paying student loans, many current and prospective college students are questioning whether college is worth it — even as their parents still expect their children to gain a college education.
If you’ve wondered whether college is worth it yourself, you should check out the infographic below. It’s an intriguing, but by no means perfect, exploration of the question. Among its flaws are how college graduates are compared to high school graduates, without any kind of category for those who learned a skilled trade. It would be very interesting to see how this demographic compared to those with those with a college degree. It also would make sense to separate “college graduates” into different categories based on the kind of degree earned. This information would be especially intriguing now, as more students complain that a bachelor’s degree wasn’t quite the investment it was sold as.
At any rate, there’s a lot of interesting information here. Among the most surprising: 75% of college graduates said they would do something different if they were starting college over again.
Is College Still Worth It – Graphic by Degree Jungle
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 Amanda Bynes’s Behavior Revealed to Be Elaborate PSA
- 2 Obama Horrified by the Grammar in Our Emails
- 3 Monster Fart Prompting Management to Rethink “Open Office”
- 4 NSA Demanded Access To Un-Filtered Instagram Photos
- 5 Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson Ambushed By Alan ‘The Paper’ Rubinstein
- 6 Vice Magazine Now Only Hiring Writers Who Fail Drug Test
- 7 ‘Licensed to Kim Jong Il’ Records 27th Straight Year Atop N. Korean Charts
- 8 Henry Cavill to be Replaced by Stack of Pancakes in “Man of Steel” Sequel
- 9 Taco Bell Now Just Dumping Bags of Doritos Into Everything On Menu
- 10 Stanley Cup Final One Blowout Away From “Boston Massacre” Headline Outrage