One Million Moms Backs Down on Ellen DeGeneres Hate Campaign
The bigoted “pro-family advocacy” group One Million Moms (whose ranks may not even contain 1/100 of that number) have decided not to go through with an organized boycott of JC Penney for their decision to make Ellen DeGeneres their spokesperson.
Monica Cole, director of One Million Moms notes that the group’s hate-mongering was not entirely unsuccessful, stating, “We have heard back from men and women — not just moms — saying they will no longer shop there at JC Penney, as long as Ellen DeGeneres is their spokesperson.” So One Million Moms, while not able to bully JC Penney into firing Ellen, were able to spread “family values” like intolerance, bigotry and homophobia.
One Million Moms had written on their site that “DeGeneres is not a true representation of the type of families that shop at their store. The majority of JC Penney shoppers will be offended and choose to no longer shop there. The small percentage of customers they are attempting to satisfy will not offset their loss in sales.”
But math has never been One Million Moms’ strongpoint, and their estimations have proven particularly fuzzy in this instance. The controversy ensuing the hate group’s proposed boycott ignited a rally of support for the Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD) and a Facebook group called “1 Million People Who Support Ellen for JC Penney” quickly gained more supporters than One Million Moms.
Calling off the boycott is not a sign that One Million Moms have learned such values as compassion or tolerance, or even that they’ve learned to pick their battles strategically — it’s just evidence that they had no support for this cause in the first place, and are now attempting to save face. Or maybe it’s just that they’ve moved on to take on more important enemies…like Archie comics.
More Faster News:
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 First Openly Straight Figure Skater Comes Forward
- 2 Brooklyn Man Now Living Entirely Off Own Beard Garden
- 3 “Cra Cra” Now Official Diagnosis in New DSM (DSM-5)
- 4 OfficeMax Marketing Director Struggling to Make Staplers ‘Sexy’ and ‘Conversational’
- 5 Homeless Guy Woos Silicon Valley VCs with Low-Tech Crowdfunding Startup
- 6 Area Man Tailors Life To Be More Relevant To His Hulu Advertisements
- 7 Fan Banging Furiously on Glass Could Be the Difference in Hockey Playoffs
- 8 Survey: 88% of Eagles Fans Too Drunk To Spell Nnamdi Asomugha Last Season
- 9 Attorney Actually Starting to Believe Own Bullshit
- 10 Local Mom Won’t Stop Being First Person to Like Every Goddamn Thing Son Posts to Facebook