Pinkberry’s Co-founder Arrested for Assault
Shit just got real at Pinkberry.
Pinkberry co-founder Young Lee, 47, was arrested for assault with a deadly weapon at the Los Angeles International Airport on Monday afternoon. Apparently the Pinkberry yogurt man was considered dangerous enough to merit being taken into custody by the LAX Fugitive Task Force, which is comprised of LAPD and FBI agents.
His warrant has been issued since June, but the exact details of his assault case are unknown as of Monday night. Lee is, however, a former kick boxer so perhaps he was so fed up with being known as the overpriced douchey yogurt chain founder and wanted to regain some street cred. The fact that he was able to evade his warrant for seven months is also somewhat badass in a stealthy ninja kind of way.
Pinkberry has become a wildly successful franchise, opening up beyond the United States into Mexico and the Middle East with over 100 locations. The original store in West Hollywood closed in April 2010 when competing yogurt chains began to run it out of business.
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 Amanda Bynes’s Behavior Revealed to Be Elaborate PSA
- 2 Obama Horrified by the Grammar in Our Emails
- 3 Monster Fart Prompting Management to Rethink “Open Office”
- 4 NSA Demanded Access To Un-Filtered Instagram Photos
- 5 Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson Ambushed By Alan ‘The Paper’ Rubinstein
- 6 ‘Licensed to Kim Jong Il’ Records 27th Straight Year Atop N. Korean Charts
- 7 ‘A/S/L’ Most Asked Question At Kaplan Online University Reunion
- 8 Vice Magazine Now Only Hiring Writers Who Fail Drug Test
- 9 Stanley Cup Final One Blowout Away From “Boston Massacre” Headline Outrage