Pinkberry’s Co-founder Arrested for Assault
Shit just got real at Pinkberry.
Pinkberry co-founder Young Lee, 47, was arrested for assault with a deadly weapon at the Los Angeles International Airport on Monday afternoon. Apparently the Pinkberry yogurt man was considered dangerous enough to merit being taken into custody by the LAX Fugitive Task Force, which is comprised of LAPD and FBI agents.
His warrant has been issued since June, but the exact details of his assault case are unknown as of Monday night. Lee is, however, a former kick boxer so perhaps he was so fed up with being known as the overpriced douchey yogurt chain founder and wanted to regain some street cred. The fact that he was able to evade his warrant for seven months is also somewhat badass in a stealthy ninja kind of way.
Pinkberry has become a wildly successful franchise, opening up beyond the United States into Mexico and the Middle East with over 100 locations. The original store in West Hollywood closed in April 2010 when competing yogurt chains began to run it out of business.
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 First Openly Straight Figure Skater Comes Forward
- 2 Brooklyn Man Now Living Entirely Off Own Beard Garden
- 3 “Cra Cra” Now Official Diagnosis in New DSM (DSM-5)
- 4 OfficeMax Marketing Director Struggling to Make Staplers ‘Sexy’ and ‘Conversational’
- 5 Homeless Guy Woos Silicon Valley VCs with Low-Tech Crowdfunding Startup
- 6 Area Man Tailors Life To Be More Relevant To His Hulu Advertisements
- 7 Fan Banging Furiously on Glass Could Be the Difference in Hockey Playoffs
- 8 Survey: 88% of Eagles Fans Too Drunk To Spell Nnamdi Asomugha Last Season
- 9 Attorney Actually Starting to Believe Own Bullshit
- 10 Local Mom Won’t Stop Being First Person to Like Every Goddamn Thing Son Posts to Facebook