West Ghana to Round Up, Detain Homosexuals
The minister of Ghana’s Western Region, Paul Evans Aidoom MP, has reportedly stated that “all efforts are being made to get rid of these people [referencing gay men and lesbians] in the society.” Homophobia is rampant in the country, and their Constitution protects the human rights of every possible distinction except sexual identification.
The Western Region’s media recently claimed that there were nearly 8,000 homosexuals living in the area. The stories fanned flames created by the Christian Council of Ghana, which has been tirelessly campaigning against “… any politician who believes in the rights of homosexuals…” for the past few months.
Aidoo is utilizing Ghana’s Bureau of National Investigations to identify and round up anyone they suspect of being a homosexual. Ghana has a law that criminalizes “unnatural carnal knowledge,” but Ghanian lawyers have questioned if that can be taken to mean homosexuality.
Even if Aidoo’s actions violate the powers of his office, he has support in Ghana’s parliament. A National Democratic Congress MP named Hon Assuming said, “… I am sending a sign to these people that they will not have it easy in this country. They can leave here and go to other places to practice that. But in this country, I believe that they are treading on dangerous grounds and they could face lynching in [the] future…”
More Faster News
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 Brooklyn Man Now Living Entirely Off Own Beard Garden
- 2 First Openly Straight Figure Skater Comes Forward
- 3 “Cra Cra” Now Official Diagnosis in New DSM (DSM-5)
- 4 OfficeMax Marketing Director Struggling to Make Staplers ‘Sexy’ and ‘Conversational’
- 5 Homeless Guy Woos Silicon Valley VCs with Low-Tech Crowdfunding Startup
- 6 Area Man Tailors Life To Be More Relevant To His Hulu Advertisements
- 7 Fan Banging Furiously on Glass Could Be the Difference in Hockey Playoffs
- 8 Survey: 88% of Eagles Fans Too Drunk To Spell Nnamdi Asomugha Last Season
- 9 Attorney Actually Starting to Believe Own Bullshit
- 10 Local Mom Won’t Stop Being First Person to Like Every Goddamn Thing Son Posts to Facebook