Rupert Murdoch Denies Hand in Hacking Scandal
Though apologetic throughout the hearing, Rupert Murdoch did not take responsibility for the News of the World scandal, instead laying the burden of the blame on lower offices.
Tory MP Louise Mensch questioned his future plans for the company, specifically asking if he planned to step down because of the crimes that have happened under his watch. Murdoch insisted he would remain with the company and that he was the best man to get News Corp back in line. He did not name anyone specifically and outlined his plan of action in vague terms. James Murdoch’s responses were similarly opaque.
Labour MP Alan Keen probed both Murdochs about what information is relayed to their desks. Rupert said, “Anything that’s seen as a crisis comes to me.” Keen followed up by saying, “New International has reached a crisis. Who’s responsible?” James Murdoch’s rambling response raised some eyebrows, particularly the line, “To my knowledge, certain things weren’t known.”
Later on, Murdoch denied that any similar voicemail and email hacking has occurred on US soil and refuted claims that 9/11 victims and Jude Law had had their privacy invaded.
When Conservative Party MP Damian Collins asked Rupert Murdoch if public figures have a right to total privacy, the media mogul responded, “no.”
Also, Murdoch got hit with a shaving cream pie.
More Faster News
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 Brooklyn Man Now Living Entirely Off Own Beard Garden
- 2 First Openly Straight Figure Skater Comes Forward
- 3 “Cra Cra” Now Official Diagnosis in New DSM (DSM-5)
- 4 OfficeMax Marketing Director Struggling to Make Staplers ‘Sexy’ and ‘Conversational’
- 5 Homeless Guy Woos Silicon Valley VCs with Low-Tech Crowdfunding Startup
- 6 Area Man Tailors Life To Be More Relevant To His Hulu Advertisements
- 7 Fan Banging Furiously on Glass Could Be the Difference in Hockey Playoffs
- 8 Survey: 88% of Eagles Fans Too Drunk To Spell Nnamdi Asomugha Last Season
- 9 Attorney Actually Starting to Believe Own Bullshit
- 10 Local Mom Won’t Stop Being First Person to Like Every Goddamn Thing Son Posts to Facebook