Terror Suspect Arrested in Plot to Blow Up George W. Bush’s Home
A Saudi national college student in Texas could face life in prison on terrorism charges after plotting to blow up the home of former president George W. Bush, as well as nuclear power plants and hydroelectric dams.
Khalid Ali-M Aldawsari, 20, was arrested by FBI agents on Wednesday night on “a federal charge of attempted use of a weapon of mass destruction in connection with his alleged purchase of chemicals and equipment necessary to make an improvised explosive device (IED) and his research of potential U.S. targets,” the Justice Department announced.
Investigators allege that the South Plains College student, who arrived in the US in 2008 on a student visa, purchased concentrated nitric and sulfuric acids and tried to buy phenol, which is typically used to produce the explosive TNP – trinitrophenol.
According to the arrest warrant, FBI agents learned of Aldawsari’s scheme on February 1, after a chemical supplier reported that the student had attempted to purchase concentrated phenol.
The suspect also emailed himself lists of potential targets, including one titled “Tyrant’s House,” his code name for George W. Bush’s Dallas residence.
Another email titled “NICE TARGETS 01” listed a dozen reservoir dams in Colorado and California.
Aldawsari planned on using a booby-trapped car or explosive-laden dolls to pull of the plot, according to authorities.
Special Agent Mark White, a spokesman for the Dallas FBI, said that while the terrorism investigation is ongoing, “the federal complaint contains no allegations that he received direction from or was under the control of a foreign terrorist organization.”
An entry in a notebook found in the Aldawsari’s Lubbock apartment read: “After mastering the English language, learning how to build explosives and continuous planning to target the infidel Americans, it is time for Jihad,”
In a blog kept by the suspect, one post described how he obtained his scholarship with the hope that it “will help tremendously in providing me with the support I need for Jihad”. The post continued: “And now, after mastering the English language, learning how to build explosives and continuous planning to target the infidel Americans, it is time for Jihad.”
Aldawsari’s hearing is on Friday. He faces life in prison and a $250,000 fine if convicted of attempted use of a weapon of mass destruction.
Maybe he just wanted to show Bush what a weapon of mass destruction actually looked like…
MORE FASTER NEWS
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 Amanda Bynes’s Behavior Revealed to Be Elaborate PSA
- 2 Obama Horrified by the Grammar in Our Emails
- 3 Monster Fart Prompting Management to Rethink “Open Office”
- 4 NSA Demanded Access To Un-Filtered Instagram Photos
- 5 Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson Ambushed By Alan ‘The Paper’ Rubinstein
- 6 ‘Licensed to Kim Jong Il’ Records 27th Straight Year Atop N. Korean Charts
- 7 Vice Magazine Now Only Hiring Writers Who Fail Drug Test
- 8 Henry Cavill to be Replaced by Stack of Pancakes in “Man of Steel” Sequel
- 9 Stanley Cup Final One Blowout Away From “Boston Massacre” Headline Outrage
- 10 Taco Bell Now Just Dumping Bags of Doritos Into Everything On Menu