Lincoln Tunnel Accident Sends 53 to the Hospital; One Critically Injured
Results of a vehicle accident inside New York’s Lincoln Tunnel today have caused not only a major inconvenience for thousands of daily commuters, but resulted in a man’s emergency trip to the hospital.
At approximately 7:30 a.m. on Thursday morning, authorities responded to an accident inside the Lincoln Tunnel involving a motorcyclist and two New Jersey Transit buses. According to an FDNY spokesperson, the driver of the motorcycle was taken to Bellevue Hospital in Manhattan for treatment of a fractured femur (sometimes fatal injury) and a fractured shoulder. In addition to the motorcyclist’s injuries, 52 other passengers on the NJ buses were hurt. Among them, 14 were taken to Roosevelt Hospital in Manhattan, while the rest were treated at the scene of the accident.
Minutes after the accident, many passengers on the buses were posting comments on Twitter and Facebook in regards to the immediate circumstances. A female passenger on a bus that was behind the accident posted on Tweeter saying that the driver was pinned under one of the buses and needed the assistance of rescue crews in order to be freed.
As of 11:50 a.m., traffic was still slowed down to a 20-25 minute delay heading into New York City. Despite traffic being backed-up far into New Jersey down Route 495, buses were being diverted to Secaucus Junction, Newark Penn Station, and Hoboken Terminal for passengers to board trains.
While NYPD and Port Authority investigate the accident, New York Traffic Authority recommends drivers to use alternate routes into Manhattan, specifically the George Washington Bridge.
More Faster News:
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 First Openly Straight Figure Skater Comes Forward
- 2 Brooklyn Man Now Living Entirely Off Own Beard Garden
- 3 “Cra Cra” Now Official Diagnosis in New DSM (DSM-5)
- 4 OfficeMax Marketing Director Struggling to Make Staplers ‘Sexy’ and ‘Conversational’
- 5 Homeless Guy Woos Silicon Valley VCs with Low-Tech Crowdfunding Startup
- 6 Area Man Tailors Life To Be More Relevant To His Hulu Advertisements
- 7 Fan Banging Furiously on Glass Could Be the Difference in Hockey Playoffs
- 8 Survey: 88% of Eagles Fans Too Drunk To Spell Nnamdi Asomugha Last Season
- 9 Attorney Actually Starting to Believe Own Bullshit
- 10 Local Mom Won’t Stop Being First Person to Like Every Goddamn Thing Son Posts to Facebook