Cursing Baby Doll Causes Uproar
Toys “R” Us is under fire for selling a doll that allegedly curses. One of the “You & Me Interactive Play & Giggle Triplet Dolls”, which sell for $39.00, supposedly says “crazy b&%$#!”. It’s the baby in pink. Whether she’s referring to one of her sisters or her pint-sized mommy is unclear.
The blogosphere is abuzz with people taking sides: irate parents, a lawyer ready to sue, a mom who couldn’t care less. Check out Toys “R” Us customer reviews. They’re funny.
One woman writes: “I bought these babies for my granddaughter’s birthday, but I won’t be giving them to her. The doll in the pink outfit seems to have a gutter mouth. Perhaps it was her upbringing, but I don’t want my granddaughter calling her Mom, Dad or anyone else for that matter a “Crazy [*]“. I don’t think she was talking about a female dog either!”
A Toys R Us spokesperson says it’s nothing more than baby babble and the company will keep the dolls on the shelves.
I’ve watched the videos and can’t be sure exactly what the doll is saying — though it sure sounds a lot like she’s got a potty mouth and that the toy’s designers were having some fun.
My concern isn’t what some doll I could always take back might say, but what might come out of my own mouth. Our three-year-old parrots everything we say. We try to be careful. Occasionally we slip. So far, she hasn’t noticed. But she will.
Uglier than profanities, however, are the things little kids repeat that you weren’t aware you even said. The other day she told me that I’d have to play by myself because she had very important things to do on her computer. If only I could be returned for a better model.
Image by taberandrew
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 First Openly Straight Figure Skater Comes Forward
- 2 Brooklyn Man Now Living Entirely Off Own Beard Garden
- 3 “Cra Cra” Now Official Diagnosis in New DSM (DSM-5)
- 4 OfficeMax Marketing Director Struggling to Make Staplers ‘Sexy’ and ‘Conversational’
- 5 Homeless Guy Woos Silicon Valley VCs with Low-Tech Crowdfunding Startup
- 6 Area Man Tailors Life To Be More Relevant To His Hulu Advertisements
- 7 Fan Banging Furiously on Glass Could Be the Difference in Hockey Playoffs
- 8 Survey: 88% of Eagles Fans Too Drunk To Spell Nnamdi Asomugha Last Season
- 9 Local Mom Won’t Stop Being First Person to Like Every Goddamn Thing Son Posts to Facebook
- 10 Shaq Confident He Will Eventually Make Funny Quip on TNT