Allen Iverson is a Celestial Being of Incomprehensible Bitching Power
Years ago, Allen Iverson was righteously offended when the 76ers air-brushed over his tattoos on the cover of their media guide. It seems like Iverson has spent the last couple of years air brushing over the accomplishments of his career.
The word is that Allen Iverson is not coming back to the Memphis Grizzlies. Does anybody care?
Allen Iverson is a force of nature. He is the embodiment of everything wrong with the entire universe. That is a lot of weight for one guy to carry, but it resides comfortably inside one of the largest egos in the NBA.
Allen Iverson is a cosmic entity representing the death of team play, material excess and self-absorption to the point where he may have absorbed himself dry. There is nothing left to cling to. His rickety knees and a faded “all about me game/attitude” that doesn’t translate well to veteran leadership have seen to that.
Iverson missed the pre-season and the first week or so of the season with an old man hammy. Iverson being Iverson, of course, expected his teammates to recognize that the operation should through him immediately upon his return. When that didn’t happen, his pouting began immediately. And now he reportedly packed up his bags and simply bounced.
Perhaps cooler heads will prevail, and once emotions simmer down, he will return. But do the Grizz want that? Does anyone? The real question is, who in Memphis thought that this might work out for more then the exactly zero seconds that it did? Did having that over the hill cancer of a Prima donna on a billboard really make one person go buy season tickets? Anybody who was convinced deserves to sit through a season of grizzly (no need to capitalize, eh?) basketball with their bored to tears faces resting against their silenced thunder sticks.
Iverson accomplished a lot of things in his career. He got more out of that wiry frame than anyone else could have. He entertained millions of people and piled up individual accolades. He even managed to get the Sixers to and NBA Finals. Maybe history will forget how pathetic the East was at that point and that the Lakers creamed them.
But mostly, I think history will forget Allen Iverson. Whiners might get paid. But it’s the winners we remember.
Follow FasterSport on Twitter
Photo by OktayOe
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 First Openly Straight Figure Skater Comes Forward
- 2 Brooklyn Man Now Living Entirely Off Own Beard Garden
- 3 “Cra Cra” Now Official Diagnosis in New DSM (DSM-5)
- 4 OfficeMax Marketing Director Struggling to Make Staplers ‘Sexy’ and ‘Conversational’
- 5 Homeless Guy Woos Silicon Valley VCs with Low-Tech Crowdfunding Startup
- 6 Area Man Tailors Life To Be More Relevant To His Hulu Advertisements
- 7 Fan Banging Furiously on Glass Could Be the Difference in Hockey Playoffs
- 8 Survey: 88% of Eagles Fans Too Drunk To Spell Nnamdi Asomugha Last Season
- 9 Attorney Actually Starting to Believe Own Bullshit
- 10 Local Mom Won’t Stop Being First Person to Like Every Goddamn Thing Son Posts to Facebook