Chicago, Cap’n Jazz, Memories, etc.
As a native of Chicago who has spent the last decade self-exiled in New York, there are a few things I get easily nostalgic about.
Being young and foolish enough to think Old Style beer tasted good.
John Hughes films that took place in and around my neighborhood.
The ’85 Bears (even though I was four)
Riding my bike around Rogers Park in early October.
Obviously, it’s a dangerous game getting sappy about the last thing on that list, considering that I write about it, but you drop a name like Cap’n Jazz, and I’m bound to start talking. They were this weird/awesome/beautiful/chaotic mess that I was lucky enough to be clued into by a few older kids right before their demise in 1995, and thanks to the magic of technology, Jessica Hopper was able to film their “reunion” show the other night in Chicago at The Empty Bottle.
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 First Openly Straight Figure Skater Comes Forward
- 2 Brooklyn Man Now Living Entirely Off Own Beard Garden
- 3 “Cra Cra” Now Official Diagnosis in New DSM (DSM-5)
- 4 OfficeMax Marketing Director Struggling to Make Staplers ‘Sexy’ and ‘Conversational’
- 5 Homeless Guy Woos Silicon Valley VCs with Low-Tech Crowdfunding Startup
- 6 Area Man Tailors Life To Be More Relevant To His Hulu Advertisements
- 7 Fan Banging Furiously on Glass Could Be the Difference in Hockey Playoffs
- 8 Survey: 88% of Eagles Fans Too Drunk To Spell Nnamdi Asomugha Last Season
- 9 Local Mom Won’t Stop Being First Person to Like Every Goddamn Thing Son Posts to Facebook
- 10 Surgeon General Pleads For Americans to Chew Their Food 3 or 4 Times At the Very Least