Amy Winehouse’s Parents to Press: “It was Only a Matter of Time.”
Amy Winehouse’s parents speak to the press following their daughter’s death on July 23.
Following the loss of their daughter, Janis and Mitch Winehouse have been met with a sudden wave of reporters hounding them for comments in this time of tragedy. Their grief was apparent as Janis spoke about her daughter’s death, having seen her just 24 hours beforehand.
“She seemed out of it. But her passing so suddenly still hasn’t hit me. They are words I will always treasure. I’m glad I saw her when I did.”
Janis has also said that it was “only a matter of time” before this happened. Everyone is aware of Amy’s battle with addiction to drugs and alcohol (as made apparent even through her music), but this does not lessen her family’s heartbreak.
Autopsy results haven’t been completed yet, but if the trend of those entering the 27 club holds true, Amy probably met her demise at her own hand. She joined Hendrix, Jones, Joplin, Morrison, and Cobain on Saturday, and it should be remembered that these stars do not only have age and music in common but also drug abuse.
Friends of Winehouse have said that over the past few days, Amy was “on a path of self-destruction with wild drinking binges around Camden, North London.” They think a “bad” ecstasy pill in combination with alcohol was what ultimately killed Winehouse. Her neighbor has spoken to the press saying, “At about 3:30 am, I head crying from next door…terrible crying like somebody mourning. The ambulances and police cars arrived shortly after that.”
Ray Grange, Amy’s bodyguard, was the one who found Winehouse and called the police immediately. Unfortunately, though, she was “beyond help” when they arrived.
Let’s just hope that this terrible tragedy strikes a note with other young starlets who seem to be following the same path. The 27 club has far too many members as it is.
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 First Openly Straight Figure Skater Comes Forward
- 2 Brooklyn Man Now Living Entirely Off Own Beard Garden
- 3 “Cra Cra” Now Official Diagnosis in New DSM (DSM-5)
- 4 OfficeMax Marketing Director Struggling to Make Staplers ‘Sexy’ and ‘Conversational’
- 5 Homeless Guy Woos Silicon Valley VCs with Low-Tech Crowdfunding Startup
- 6 Area Man Tailors Life To Be More Relevant To His Hulu Advertisements
- 7 Fan Banging Furiously on Glass Could Be the Difference in Hockey Playoffs
- 8 Survey: 88% of Eagles Fans Too Drunk To Spell Nnamdi Asomugha Last Season
- 9 Attorney Actually Starting to Believe Own Bullshit
- 10 Local Mom Won’t Stop Being First Person to Like Every Goddamn Thing Son Posts to Facebook