Panda Bear/M.I.A.: Pitchfork Poops the Bed, Then Cleans it Up
A few days after launching their newest project, Altered Zones, indie blog behemoth Pitchfork may have made a big no-no by posting MP3′s off the highly anticipated forthcoming album by Panda Bear, “Tomboy.”
The posting of the title track and the B-side of the 7 inch, was—from what I’m told—unauthorized, and went up on a Sunday afternoon when people were busy watching the World Cup. Not exactly a popular time to be blogging.
Panda Bear’s publicist, Daniel Gill, responded with a tweet:
Then went on to say:
The site took down the offending MP3, but has posted an update that it’s available at other sites.
Did Pitchfork crap the bed on this one? Maybe, but if they did, they sure cleaned it up fast.
This morning, I awoke to the news that Pitchfork had reviewed the newest album by M.I.A., and the results were not at all positive. Asking if “///Y/” was “half-assed or half-baked,” reviewer Matthew Perpetua took the artist to task for her sometimes questionable, often times hyperbolic statements.
What does all this mean? Not a whole lot, aside from the fact that I can safely say that the new Panda Bear track sounds great. Almost like if Brian Wilson took over singing duties for Public Image Limited.
As for the M.I.A. news, good for Pitchfork. Nice to take a stand. The album is a stinker, and lets hope other sites follow up the sentiments.
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 First Openly Straight Figure Skater Comes Forward
- 2 Brooklyn Man Now Living Entirely Off Own Beard Garden
- 3 “Cra Cra” Now Official Diagnosis in New DSM (DSM-5)
- 4 OfficeMax Marketing Director Struggling to Make Staplers ‘Sexy’ and ‘Conversational’
- 5 Homeless Guy Woos Silicon Valley VCs with Low-Tech Crowdfunding Startup
- 6 Area Man Tailors Life To Be More Relevant To His Hulu Advertisements
- 7 Fan Banging Furiously on Glass Could Be the Difference in Hockey Playoffs
- 8 Survey: 88% of Eagles Fans Too Drunk To Spell Nnamdi Asomugha Last Season
- 9 Local Mom Won’t Stop Being First Person to Like Every Goddamn Thing Son Posts to Facebook
- 10 Shaq Confident He Will Eventually Make Funny Quip on TNT