Little Ron Washington: Greatest Halloween Costume Ever
Forget the Texas Rangers having two presidents — George Herbert Walker Bush, and George W. Bush — to throw out the first pitch before Game 4 of the World Series. The biggest excitement at the game was a seven-year-old kid dressed up like Ron Washington, who got to say “Play ball” to start the game.
Liam Roybal, one of the Rangers’ youngest fans, dressed up for school as manager Ron Washington last week during Career Day. The seven-year-old Rangers fan, who already wears glasses, had part of his head shaved, and put on a fake mustache to look like Washington.
And after his costume became a web sensation, the seven-year-old was invited to appear on the field with Washington himself at Sunday’s Halloween night game. He even got to do the claw and antlers.
Little Ron Washington charmed Big Ron Washington, who gushed:
“Out of all the people in the world, he chose to dress up as the manager of the Texas Rangers,” Washington said. “That’s really something.”
Roybal, a native of Keller Texas, got to watch the World Series game in the stands with his family. Unfortunately, the Rangers lost Game 4 to put them in a 3-1 deficit against the San Francisco Giants.
So what’s wrong with the Rangers? Little Ron Washington had a few thoughts after the game:
CBS 11’s Carol Cavazos asked him, “So Ron. Do you mind if I call you Ron?” How do you think the world series is going so far?”
“Not good,” he said. “Why do you think the Giants are beating us?” Cavazos asked. “They hit more homeruns,” the mini Ron responded.
If the Rangers don’t start hitting homers — and hits, for that matter — San Francisco will be winning its first World Series ever, disappointing Little Ron Washington and other Texas fans.
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 First Openly Straight Figure Skater Comes Forward
- 2 Brooklyn Man Now Living Entirely Off Own Beard Garden
- 3 “Cra Cra” Now Official Diagnosis in New DSM (DSM-5)
- 4 OfficeMax Marketing Director Struggling to Make Staplers ‘Sexy’ and ‘Conversational’
- 5 Homeless Guy Woos Silicon Valley VCs with Low-Tech Crowdfunding Startup
- 6 Area Man Tailors Life To Be More Relevant To His Hulu Advertisements
- 7 Fan Banging Furiously on Glass Could Be the Difference in Hockey Playoffs
- 8 Survey: 88% of Eagles Fans Too Drunk To Spell Nnamdi Asomugha Last Season
- 9 Attorney Actually Starting to Believe Own Bullshit
- 10 Local Mom Won’t Stop Being First Person to Like Every Goddamn Thing Son Posts to Facebook