How People Respond When I Tell Them I’m 103
The most common response from people of all ages to my age is AMAZEMENT. I am amazed myself. One, zero, three. These are just numbers. I am still me. I can’t do as much as I used to but I am still me. I am hanging in there because of what I still need to do and continue to share my point of view about the wrong direction we are taking to solve our problems, especially health care.How did you do it? They want to know the secret. They want tips. I really don’t know. I just did it. My sister Louise died at 102 and sister Francis died at 98. Not only do I have good genes but I have a great primary care physician, Dr. Ashby, who continues to treat me like a human being. Always has.
People often respond to my age by telling me about their acquaintance or relative who is over 100. So many compare me to them. There are more centenarians than ever before. The White House used to send out birthday cards when you reached 100. Not any more. Too many folks are living that long. Although my daughter says you can still request a 100th birthday greeting from the White House.
Being 103 is a gift and a curse. Getting older is not easy. I eat very slowly and it is hard to chew. I walk with a walker, my hearing has gone and my eyesight is failing. I am not my own boss anymore. And my money is being depleted. But I am in a retirement community that will always take care of me. So I am lucky for that.You get a lot of attention at my age. Everyone wants to know how I am doing. I’m often praised and honored. Each birthday is a big deal.
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 Amanda Bynes’s Behavior Revealed to Be Elaborate PSA
- 2 Obama Horrified by the Grammar in Our Emails
- 3 Monster Fart Prompting Management to Rethink “Open Office”
- 4 NSA Demanded Access To Un-Filtered Instagram Photos
- 5 Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson Ambushed By Alan ‘The Paper’ Rubinstein
- 6 ‘Licensed to Kim Jong Il’ Records 27th Straight Year Atop N. Korean Charts
- 7 ‘A/S/L’ Most Asked Question At Kaplan Online University Reunion
- 8 Vice Magazine Now Only Hiring Writers Who Fail Drug Test
- 9 Stanley Cup Final One Blowout Away From “Boston Massacre” Headline Outrage