We Were Promised Jetpacks to Write a Jetpack Theme Song?
A few readers have emailed me recently to ask if I am aware that there is a Scottish indie rock band called We Were Promised Jetpacks. I am, but only a little bit. Some friends were over for dinner last month and one guy had the band on his iPhone so he played them and put the phone in the middle of the table where Lazy Susans once went.
Then a couple of days ago I had this idea: maybe I can get the band to write a Jetpack Theme Song exclusively for The Faster Times. Ambitious? Yes. Insane? I don’t think so, but let me look into it. As far as I can tell the four Scottsmen have never recorded a song explicitly about jetpacks, per se. But they are obviously fans of the things and understand the mad longing many of us have for what could have been. So … let’s see what we can do, huh? If you are reading this, guys who are in We Were Promised Jetpacks, drop a note in the comments if this sounds like something you might like to pursue.
Meantime, a fun parlor game to play is thinking of your own theme song — what tune would be played if you were a major league baseball player coming up to bat? I have never settled on the perfect song myself but I thought a friend was really on to something a number of years back when he picked “I’m Destructive,” by Dr. Octagon. While this is a good personal theme song, for obvious reasons it’s definitely not right for our jetpack project!
If We Were Promised Jetpacks can’t do the song, maybe I’ll see if that slacker pictured above has the time.
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 Brooklyn Man Now Living Entirely Off Own Beard Garden
- 2 “Cra Cra” Now Official Diagnosis in New DSM (DSM-5)
- 3 First Openly Straight Figure Skater Comes Forward
- 4 OfficeMax Marketing Director Struggling to Make Staplers ‘Sexy’ and ‘Conversational’
- 5 Area Man Tailors Life To Be More Relevant To His Hulu Advertisements
- 6 Fan Banging Furiously on Glass Could Be the Difference in Hockey Playoffs
- 7 Homeless Guy Woos Silicon Valley VCs with Low-Tech Crowdfunding Startup
- 8 Survey: 88% of Eagles Fans Too Drunk To Spell Nnamdi Asomugha Last Season
- 9 Attorney Actually Starting to Believe Own Bullshit
- 10 Local Mom Won’t Stop Being First Person to Like Every Goddamn Thing Son Posts to Facebook