Salinger’s Used Toilet for Sale on eBay
You think you’ve seen it all, and then you see a famous recently deceased author’s used toilet for auction on eBay.
A few highlights from the auction listing, titled “J.D. Salinger PERSONALLY OWNED & USED Toilet Commode,” and which was written in Comic Sans font:
Who knows how many of these stories were thought up and written while Salinger sat on this throne!
This vintage toilet is from 1962 and is dated under the lid. It will come to you uncleaned and in it’s [sic] original condition when it was removed from Salinger’s old home!
The toilet comes with a letter from Joan Littlefield, one of the new owners of Salinger’s house, supposedly attesting to its authenticity.
So far there have been five offers of undisclosed amounts to purchase the toilet. The “Buy It Now!” price for the auction — $1,000,000.
UPDATE (8/17/10, 10:26pm EST): There are now 13 offers of undisclosed amounts to purchase this toilet.
UPDATE (8/19/10 4:17am EST): Now 26 offers.
UPDATE (8/21/10 11:22am EST): 56 offers.
UPDATE (8/23/10 5:22pm EST): 89 offers. Any guesses on how many there will be in the end?
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 Amanda Bynes’s Behavior Revealed to Be Elaborate PSA
- 2 Obama Horrified by the Grammar in Our Emails
- 3 Monster Fart Prompting Management to Rethink “Open Office”
- 4 NSA Demanded Access To Un-Filtered Instagram Photos
- 5 Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson Ambushed By Alan ‘The Paper’ Rubinstein
- 6 ‘Licensed to Kim Jong Il’ Records 27th Straight Year Atop N. Korean Charts
- 7 ‘A/S/L’ Most Asked Question At Kaplan Online University Reunion
- 8 Vice Magazine Now Only Hiring Writers Who Fail Drug Test
- 9 Stanley Cup Final One Blowout Away From “Boston Massacre” Headline Outrage