Introducing the New Faster Times Indie Books
We’ve got a slew of great content coming up soon, including interviews with award-winning writer and NOON editor Diane Williams and debut author Eli Horowitz (of McSweeney’s renown), reviews of new releases from Soft Skull Press and Tin House Books, first looks at forthcoming chapbooks and novellas, and a whole lot more.
For all our original features, we’ll be presenting them with original art from emerging artists, such as Lane Hagood, whose work “A Book, a Page, a Line, a Mask” is featured here. We’re pretty determined to make this a nice online home for writing and art, and we hope you’ll agree.
And keep an eye out for our daily “indie beat” headlines and additional new features, including but not limited to: micro-interviews with the famous and influential, weekly columns, can’t miss forums, and reports from the front lines of literature.
TFTIBT (The Faster Times Indie Books Team)
Art courtesy of Lane Hagood.
Lane Hagood was granted entry into the universe in 1984. He is an artist and curator that lives and works in Houston, Texas. When not making art objects, Lane obsessively collects records and books. These objects are stored in his museum, The Secret Museum; which also contains an extensive art collection and various other ephemera. The Secret Museum is currently seeking funding from patrons (if you see Lane give him a dollar.) Lane’s work has been shown in New York, Los Angeles, Berlin, Paris, London, Bordeaux, Houston and Austin. He is proud of his accomplishments and hopes to one day never work.
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 Brooklyn Man Now Living Entirely Off Own Beard Garden
- 2 First Openly Straight Figure Skater Comes Forward
- 3 “Cra Cra” Now Official Diagnosis in New DSM (DSM-5)
- 4 OfficeMax Marketing Director Struggling to Make Staplers ‘Sexy’ and ‘Conversational’
- 5 Area Man Tailors Life To Be More Relevant To His Hulu Advertisements
- 6 Homeless Guy Woos Silicon Valley VCs with Low-Tech Crowdfunding Startup
- 7 Fan Banging Furiously on Glass Could Be the Difference in Hockey Playoffs
- 8 Survey: 88% of Eagles Fans Too Drunk To Spell Nnamdi Asomugha Last Season
- 9 Attorney Actually Starting to Believe Own Bullshit
- 10 Local Mom Won’t Stop Being First Person to Like Every Goddamn Thing Son Posts to Facebook