NHL Playoffs Picks Monday 4/23: Rangers Senators, Coyotes Blackhawks
NHL Playoffs Picks and Predictions, Monday 4/23: New York Rangers at Ottawa Senators Game Six, Phoenix Coyotes at Chicago Blackhawks
The New York Rangers are on the brink of elimination from the bottom seed in the Eastern Conference. They need to win in Ottawa and again back home to fend off a disappointing end to the season. The Senators have found timely goaltending and battled through injuries against a seemingly superior Rangers team. Game Six should be an absolutely dandy.
The Phoenix Coyotes and Chicago Blackhawks have been responsible for were of the most underrated, exciting playoff series in recent memory, with all five games of the series going to overtime so far. Raffi Torres was suspended 25 games for his hit on Marian Hossa, which likely knocked the best scorer for either team out of the postseason. Another tight, low-scoring game is probably on its way in Game Six.
We’re hitting at right around 60% this postseason, but were just a few bouncing pucks and blown calls away from really blowing open the first round. Hopefully, despite inconsistency throughout the playoffs, our gains can remain steady.
New York Rangers (-115) at Ottawa Senators
The New York Rangers are a desperate team on the brink of elimination in a 1 vs 8 game. Ultimately, this game is about putting my faith in Henrik Lundqvist to find a way to outlast a suddenly-hot Craig Anderson.
New York’s scoring hasn’t shown up in this series, and neither has the shot-blocking defense that made them the best team in the Eastern Conference this season. Unless they get back to “Rangers” hockey, they’re as good as eliminated. I think Torts will have his team playing the way they should in Game Six.
Rangers 3 – Senators 1
Phoenix Coyotes (+130) at Chicago Blackhawks
Every game seems to go to overtime with these two teams. The goaltending edge clearly favors the Coyotes, but they don’t have the skaters to keep pressure on the Blackhawks through a full game. These teams are very evenly matched, but because Mike Smith is more reliable in net, I think there’s value in the Coyotes in a close game.
Coyotes 3 – Blackhawks 2
Playoffs: 23-17, Bruins and Canucks pending
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 Brooklyn Man Now Living Entirely Off Own Beard Garden
- 2 First Openly Straight Figure Skater Comes Forward
- 3 “Cra Cra” Now Official Diagnosis in New DSM (DSM-5)
- 4 OfficeMax Marketing Director Struggling to Make Staplers ‘Sexy’ and ‘Conversational’
- 5 Homeless Guy Woos Silicon Valley VCs with Low-Tech Crowdfunding Startup
- 6 Area Man Tailors Life To Be More Relevant To His Hulu Advertisements
- 7 Fan Banging Furiously on Glass Could Be the Difference in Hockey Playoffs
- 8 Survey: 88% of Eagles Fans Too Drunk To Spell Nnamdi Asomugha Last Season
- 9 Attorney Actually Starting to Believe Own Bullshit
- 10 Local Mom Won’t Stop Being First Person to Like Every Goddamn Thing Son Posts to Facebook