Nabokov Red Wings Contract Confirmed
After much speculation the Redwings have announced that they’ve offered goalie Evgeni Nabokov a one year contract. Ken Holland, the Red Wings general Manager, kept tight lips earlier. Only giving up that he had talked to Nabokov’s agent. But now it seems that the Red Wings will attempt pick up the Russian goaltender.
Injuries have plagued the Red Wing’s goaltenders this year. Both Jimmy Howard and Chris Osgood have been pushed from the net. Howard returned, but Osgood will be out for several more weeks. With Nabokov potentially joining the Red Wings roster, people wonder what will happen to Osgood.
Nabokov was let go from the Sharks, because of the NHL salary cap. After leading the team to victory against the Red Wings in the 2010 NHL playoffs, Nabokov became a fan favorite. But his subsequent loss to the Chicago Blackhawks in the western conference finals, dampened the buzz surrounding his previous success. He gave up 13 goals during this series, and didn’t manage to win one game. Still, Sharks fan have expressed resentment over his termination.
Nabokov, after begin cut from the Sharks, played for the Russian St. Petersburg until family trouble forced him to leave the team. Its interesting that his former opponents have moved to court him. The Red wings lost 4 games to 1 when they met Nabokov in the 2010 playoffs. Perhaps this drastic loss taught them the worth of this Russian goaltender.
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 First Openly Straight Figure Skater Comes Forward
- 2 Brooklyn Man Now Living Entirely Off Own Beard Garden
- 3 “Cra Cra” Now Official Diagnosis in New DSM (DSM-5)
- 4 OfficeMax Marketing Director Struggling to Make Staplers ‘Sexy’ and ‘Conversational’
- 5 Homeless Guy Woos Silicon Valley VCs with Low-Tech Crowdfunding Startup
- 6 Area Man Tailors Life To Be More Relevant To His Hulu Advertisements
- 7 Fan Banging Furiously on Glass Could Be the Difference in Hockey Playoffs
- 8 Survey: 88% of Eagles Fans Too Drunk To Spell Nnamdi Asomugha Last Season
- 9 Local Mom Won’t Stop Being First Person to Like Every Goddamn Thing Son Posts to Facebook
- 10 Shaq Confident He Will Eventually Make Funny Quip on TNT