Trader Joe’s Shopping Guide – The TFT Reader Investigation Continues…
Over the course of this investigation, we’ve uncovered a number of details about how the private-label food business works, not least of which is information about who makes what for which stores. We’re working on uncovering more information about Wal-Mart and CostCo, so please drop us a line at email@example.com if you happen to know anything about how either of those stores sources food, or want to help us find out more.
In the meantime, we’ve put together a decent guide to Trader Joe’s products, pasted below. If any of you would like a pdf to print out at home, just email us and we’ll send you one. And of course, please feel free to leave a comment here or email us with any additions to the guide.
One bit of news: This morning reader Amy Carson wrote to give us a heads-up on a bit of Trader Joe’s trivia that’s very important for those on a raw food diet. Apparently, whether products in Trader Joe’s stores are labeled raw or not, they are pasteurized, which makes them off-limits for those on a raw food diet. This includes all of the stores’ nuts and its “raw” almond butter as well. In Trader Joe’s defense, this is probably part of an effort to protect itself from any liability incurred by people eating unpasteurized items, getting sick and then suing the store, but nonetheless the labeling should match the product. Amy pointed us to this site for more information.
(Please support this investigation and independent journalism by becoming a member of The Faster Times — and choose your gift.)
And now, the guide:
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 Amanda Bynes’s Behavior Revealed to Be Elaborate PSA
- 2 Obama Horrified by the Grammar in Our Emails
- 3 Monster Fart Prompting Management to Rethink “Open Office”
- 4 NSA Demanded Access To Un-Filtered Instagram Photos
- 5 Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson Ambushed By Alan ‘The Paper’ Rubinstein
- 6 ‘Licensed to Kim Jong Il’ Records 27th Straight Year Atop N. Korean Charts
- 7 ‘A/S/L’ Most Asked Question At Kaplan Online University Reunion
- 8 Vice Magazine Now Only Hiring Writers Who Fail Drug Test
- 9 Stanley Cup Final One Blowout Away From “Boston Massacre” Headline Outrage