TFT Top 25: Few Upsets, Yet Many Impressive Victories
It’s that special time in college football where the going gets tough and the tough get to pounding the competition. Examples of these formidable teams are LSU, Alabama, Wisconsin, Michigan, and Houston. Most squads are starting to get into the more competitive conference games that we like to see. There weren’t many upsets, but there were some impressive victories. Check out the TFT Top 25 for this week and get ready for a big weekend of football.
1. LSU TIGERS (6-0) – Despite many believing that LSU would beat Florida, I’m sure many didn’t predict the 30-point differential; the final score was a whopping 41-11. LSU looks like every bit of a national championship team so far this season, especially after this victory. Next up, they play the Tennessee Vols in a game that they should win.
2. ALABAMA CRIMSON TIDE (6-0) – To no one’s surprise, the Vanderbilt Commodores were no match for Alabama. The Tide will face the Ole Miss Rebels in another SEC game on the 15th. It’s beginning to look more and more like the National Champion will be whoever wins the SEC title.
3. WISCONSIN BADGERS (5-0) – The Badgers had a bi-week this past weekend, getting a little rest after routing Nebraska. They play another Big Ten game this weekend against the Indiana Hoosiers.
4. OKLAHOMA SOONERS (5-0) – If this past weekend’s game between Oklahoma and Texas was the last Red River Rivalry, let it be said that the Sooners got the last laugh, with a 55-17 beat down of the Longhorns. They look to move to a 6-0 record against the Kansas Jayhawks this weekend.
5. STANFORD CARDINAL (5-0) – The Cardinal had another big night this weekend, this time against the Colorado Buffs in a 48-7 Andrew Luck style-fest. They play the Washington State Cougars next.
6. BOISE STATE BRONCOS (5-0) – The Broncos are at that time in their schedule that critics love to mock. Nonetheless, Boise State smashed Fresno State 57-7 with ease and improved their record to 5-0. They face the Rams of Colorado State next.
7. CLEMSON TIGERS (6-0) – The Tigers handled the Boston College Eagles, 36-14, and now have their sights set on the Maryland Terrapins. Clemson is on a roll and can possibly content for a national championship if they stay focused and healthy.
8. OKLAHOMA STATE COWBOYS (5-0) – Oklahoma State can light it up! They might have more firepower than the Sooners. The Cowboys beat Kansas by a margin of 70-28 and plan on doing the same thing to the Texas Longhorns. I hope Mack Brown is ready for a shootout at home.
9. OREGON DUCKS (4-1) – Nike’s favorite university got an impressive win over the Golden Bears of California, 43-15. Next they face Brock Osweiler and the Arizona State Sun Devils.
10. MICHIGAN WOLVERINES (5-0) – Michigan showed defensive growth in their 42-24 win against Northwestern, but Denard Robinson needs to improve as a passer if they plan on contesting Illinois and Wisconsin for the Big Ten crown. They play against their in-state rivals Michigan State next.
11. ARKANSAS RAZORBACKS (5-1) – The Razorbacks dominated Gene Chizik’s Tigers, 38-14. They now have a bi-week before playing Ole Miss.
12. ILLINOIS FIGHTIN’ ILLINI (6-0) – Illinois played a solid game and managed a 41-20 win over Indiana. They will have to fight to stay undefeated against the Ohio State Buckeyes in another Big Ten rivalry game.
13. GEORGIA TECH YELLOW JACKETS (6-0) – GT beat Maryland in a close 21-16 victory. They take a trip up to the commonwealth of Virginia to play the Cavaliers of UVA next.
14. SOUTH CAROLINA GAMECOCKS (5-1) – Steve Spurrier and company established that they are playing with a chip on their shoulder, as they demolished Kentucky 54-3 and sent them to drown their sorrows in pints of bourbon. They look to hand a similar defeat to the Mississippi State Bulldogs.
15. WEST VIRGINIA MOUNTAINEERS (5-1) – West Virginia landed a 43-16 win over UConn, but who didn’t expect that? There is a good chance that the results will be the same for WVU against Syracuse this weekend.
16. NEBRASKA CORNHUSKERS (5-1) – Pulled out a close 34-27 win over the Ohio State Buckeyes to get back on the winning track. They will play the troubled Minnesota Gophers this weekend in what will most likely be a walk in the park.
17. ARIZONA STATE SUN DEVILS (5-1) – ASU beat Utah 35-14 and now have a week to prepare for the test of their season, OREGON! This will be one of the must-watch games of the weekend.
18. VIRGINIA TECH HOKIES (5-1) – The Hokies got a major confidence booster after their 38-35 win over the Miami Hurricanes. Now they have to take on the Wake Forest Demon Deacons fresh off of a big win against Florida State.
19. HOUSTON COUGARS (6-0) – We didn’t expect Houston to crush ECU 56-3, but it happened and the Cougars are a stunning 6-0. We’ll see how they play against Marshall this weekend.
20. PENN STATE NITTANY LIONS (5-1) – They landed a 13-3 win over the Iowa Hawkeyes and only have one loss. They go deeper into Big Ten competition against the Purdue Boilermakers this weekend.
21. MICHIGAN STATE SPARTANS (4-1) – The Spartans line up against their arch-nemesis Michigan Wolverines this week. Always a tough fight.
22. BAYLOR BEARS (4-1) – They beat Iowa State 49-26 and will now try to stifle the powerful run attack of Texas A&M in a Big 12/Big Texas match-up.
23. SOUTH FLORIDA BULLS (4-1) – The Bulls are still contending for a Big East championship and would improve their chances with a win against UConn this weekend.
24. USC TROJANS (4-1) – The Trojans go head-to-head with UCal this weekend after a bi-week.
25. TEXAS LONGHORNS (4-1) – They lost by almost 40 points to the Oklahoma Sooners (55-17). While they have a chance to bounce back against Oklahoma State, it won’t be easy, especially considering with Cowboys’ coming off of a monumental win against Kansas.
[Picture from Wikimedia Commons]
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 Brooklyn Man Now Living Entirely Off Own Beard Garden
- 2 First Openly Straight Figure Skater Comes Forward
- 3 “Cra Cra” Now Official Diagnosis in New DSM (DSM-5)
- 4 OfficeMax Marketing Director Struggling to Make Staplers ‘Sexy’ and ‘Conversational’
- 5 Area Man Tailors Life To Be More Relevant To His Hulu Advertisements
- 6 Homeless Guy Woos Silicon Valley VCs with Low-Tech Crowdfunding Startup
- 7 Fan Banging Furiously on Glass Could Be the Difference in Hockey Playoffs
- 8 Survey: 88% of Eagles Fans Too Drunk To Spell Nnamdi Asomugha Last Season
- 9 Attorney Actually Starting to Believe Own Bullshit
- 10 Local Mom Won’t Stop Being First Person to Like Every Goddamn Thing Son Posts to Facebook