Romo and Vick: Recovered Enough to Play?
This just in: Cowboy’s quarterback Tony Romo’s lungs are healed, and Eagles quarterback Michael Vick is officially cleared to play against the NY Giants. Hmm, sounds a bit suspicious to me. How exactly does one recover from a broken rib and a concussion in less than five days? I understand that both quarterbacks are franchise players and are expected to play on Sunday, but when is too much too much?
A concussion is a traumatic brain injury that alters the way the brain works. Similarly, a broken rib diminishes a player’s ability to move and breath. Both Romo and Vick are likely to play this weekend; both have their work cut out for them.
Vick’s opponent, the New York Giants, are looking to avenge their demoralizing loss to the Eagles, which lost them their wildcard bid for the playoffs. Various NY Giants defenders have voiced their desire to play against Michael Vick, fired up at a chance to “bust the Eagles up”.
Romo’s opponent, the Washington Redskins, hate the Cowboys and take great pride in defeating and injuring Dallas players. All star defensive back De’angelo Hall already said that he will be begging coach Shanahan for opportunities to go for Romo’s weakened ribs.
So early in the season, with the looming threat of injury, perhaps it would be wiser to sit both quarterbacks out and give them a little rest–even a week would help. If Romo’s ribs sustain any more damage, the Cowboys will be stuck with substitutes Kitna and Mcgee, who, though both did a good job of filling in for Romo last year, simply don’t match his skill and ability. In regards to Vick, Eagles coaches should be reminded of Cowboy’s quarterback Troy Aikman, who was forced to retire after having to too many concussions.
Without a doubt, we can expect some complex blitz packages from both the Giants and Redskins. The NFC East is a brutal conference built on strong rivalries. How will these two injured quarterbacks fair against powerhouse defenses with a thirst for blood? I guess we’ll see.
More from Faster Sports:
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 Brooklyn Man Now Living Entirely Off Own Beard Garden
- 2 First Openly Straight Figure Skater Comes Forward
- 3 “Cra Cra” Now Official Diagnosis in New DSM (DSM-5)
- 4 OfficeMax Marketing Director Struggling to Make Staplers ‘Sexy’ and ‘Conversational’
- 5 Area Man Tailors Life To Be More Relevant To His Hulu Advertisements
- 6 Homeless Guy Woos Silicon Valley VCs with Low-Tech Crowdfunding Startup
- 7 Fan Banging Furiously on Glass Could Be the Difference in Hockey Playoffs
- 8 Survey: 88% of Eagles Fans Too Drunk To Spell Nnamdi Asomugha Last Season
- 9 Attorney Actually Starting to Believe Own Bullshit
- 10 Local Mom Won’t Stop Being First Person to Like Every Goddamn Thing Son Posts to Facebook