NCAA Top 25 Rankings: Jarrett Lee, LSU Reign Supreme
Like any weekend in college football, we saw great victories and some surprising upsets. Our top 5 remains intact for the most part but after 15 you will see a variety of new faces. Teams like Clemson and Georgia Tech just can’t be denied a spot after scoring major victories and staying undefeated. Michigan State drops off after taking a beating at the hands of the Notre Dame Fighting Irish and the Bulls of South Florida continue their BCS Bowl campaign. Enjoy this week’s list and remember that after every Saturday our rankings are subject to change.
1. LSU (3-0) – The Tigers stay atop the list with a convincing 19-6 win over Mississippi State University. Jarrett Lee went 21 for 27 for 213 yards. LSU faces West Virginia next.
2. Oklahoma (2-0) – The Sooners defense came through big to defeat the FSU Seminoles. Landry Jones was not as sharp as usual, 18 of 27 for 199 yards and two interceptions.
3. Wisconsin(3-0) – The Badgers destroyed NIU in a lopsided 49-7 victory. Next up is South Dakota.
4. Alabama(3-0) – As expected, the Crimson Tide crushed North Texas. They face a worthy opponent in Arkansas this weekend.
5. Stanford (3-0) – handled the Arizona Wildcats in a 37-10 win. Next up is the UCLA Bruins on October 1st.
6. South Carolina (3-0) – The Gamecocks were able to defend successfully against the Midshipmen option attack and pull out a 24-21 victory.
7. Boise State (2-0) – Spanked Toledo, next up is Tulsa.
8. Virginia Tech (3-0) – Beat Arkansas State 26-7. They play the Marshall University Thundering Herd next.
9. Arkansas (3-0) – Beat Troy 38-28, the Razorbacks will test that talented offense against the University of Alabama’s number 1 defense this weekend.
10. Texas A&M (3-0) – Routed Idaho 37-7 but will have to play a better game this weekend to defeat the Cowboys of Oklahoma State.
11. Nebraska (3-0) – Nebraska had one of the toughest match-ups in Washington and pulled out a solid 51-38 victory. Next week the Huskers play @ Wyoming.
12. South Florida (3-0) – The Bulls steamrolled FAMU and keep their momentum going. Next up is UTEP.
13. Clemson (3-0) – Clemson landed a major victory over defending National Champion Auburn and stay undefeated. Their next game is a head to head clash with the Florida State Seminoles.
14. West Virginia (2-0) – The Mountaineers looked strong against the University of Maryland in a 37-31 victory. They face the largest test of their season this weekend when they face the LSU TIGERS!
15. Florida (3-0) – defeated the dismal Tennessee Vols in a 33-23 win. The Gators take on the Wildcats of Kentucky next.
16. Baylor (3-0) – The Bears continue to be impressive with a 48-0 shutout of SFA. Their next game is an in state battle with the Rice Owls.
17. Texas (3-0) – Beat UCLA 49-20 and are starting to really mesh as a ball club. They play the surprising Iowa State Cyclones next.
18. Iowa State (3-0) – The Cyclones have had a very competitive early schedule and have managed to be undefeated.
19. Michigan (3-0) – The Wolverines are undefeated but many believe their next game against San Diego State to be their first real test.
20. USC (3-0) – Beat a good Syracuse team 38-17 but they will have their hands full with Brock Osweiller and the Arizona State Sun Devils.
21. Illinois (3-0) – The Fighting Illini scored a major victory of Arizona State this past weekend. They play Western Michigan next.
22. Oregon (2-1) – Romped Missouri State 56-7 but that’s what we expect. We need to see Oregon have a convincing day against Arizona this weekend.
23. Georgia Tech (3-0) – Smashed Kansas 66-24 as they get ready for an ACC showdown with the UNC Tarheels.
24. Auburn (2-1) – Lost a close one to Clemson but they will bounce back this weekend against Florida Atlantic.
25. Miami(1-1) – The Hurricanes completely shut down Ohio State and earned their way onto the Top 25.
More Faster Football:
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 Brooklyn Man Now Living Entirely Off Own Beard Garden
- 2 “Cra Cra” Now Official Diagnosis in New DSM (DSM-5)
- 3 OfficeMax Marketing Director Struggling to Make Staplers ‘Sexy’ and ‘Conversational’
- 4 First Openly Straight Figure Skater Comes Forward
- 5 Area Man Tailors Life To Be More Relevant To His Hulu Advertisements
- 6 Fan Banging Furiously on Glass Could Be the Difference in Hockey Playoffs
- 7 Homeless Guy Woos Silicon Valley VCs with Low-Tech Crowdfunding Startup
- 8 Survey: 88% of Eagles Fans Too Drunk To Spell Nnamdi Asomugha Last Season
- 9 Attorney Actually Starting to Believe Own Bullshit
- 10 Local Mom Won’t Stop Being First Person to Like Every Goddamn Thing Son Posts to Facebook