Oklahoma Sooners @ FSU Seminoles Breakdown
This weekend looks to be filled with good football match-ups but only one game can be #1. The big game is a head-to-head battle between the ACC and the Big-12.
The Sooners of Oklahoma will travel to Tallahassee to take on the FSU Seminoles in a game that will surely shift the AP Top 25. Currently Oklahoma is the AP’s #1 team, and FSU is #5. Both are also in the TFT Top 25, with Oklahoma at #2 and FSU at #8.
Last season, Oklahoma crushed FSU by 30 points in a 47-17 blow out. Quarterback Landry Jones went 30 of 40 for 380 yards and 4 touchdowns. EJ Manuel was still young and wasn’t ready for the level of play that Oklahoma brings to the table.
This year, Manuel has matured considerably. He’s passed for 581 yards, 6 touchdowns, and only 2 interceptions. In both games, the Seminoles weren’t up against a defense of Oklahoma’s caliber but the FSU remains optimistic. EJ Manuel trained one-on-one with Peyton, Eli, and Archie Manning in his off-season, and it’s hard to not improve in that type of company.
Coach Jimbo Fisher said that the connection between the players and coaches is stronger and the players have a better understanding of the scheme.
For the Sooners this will be their first road game against a AP Top 5 non-conference opponent since 1988 but, with the strength of the schedule they deal with year in and out, this game will be no different than most. If they can stop the pass, they can go home with the win.
Neither one of these teams boasts a legitimate run attack and rely heavily on their air attack. The team that gets a better showing from their secondary and blitzes their linebackers at the right times will be victorious. Florida State has home field advantage, Oklahoma is well rested after a bi-week. Final score prediction? Oklahoma 35 – FSU 24.
More Faster Football
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 Amanda Bynes’s Behavior Revealed to Be Elaborate PSA
- 2 Obama Horrified by the Grammar in Our Emails
- 3 Monster Fart Prompting Management to Rethink “Open Office”
- 4 NSA Demanded Access To Un-Filtered Instagram Photos
- 5 Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson Ambushed By Alan ‘The Paper’ Rubinstein
- 6 ‘Licensed to Kim Jong Il’ Records 27th Straight Year Atop N. Korean Charts
- 7 ‘A/S/L’ Most Asked Question At Kaplan Online University Reunion
- 8 Vice Magazine Now Only Hiring Writers Who Fail Drug Test
- 9 Stanley Cup Final One Blowout Away From “Boston Massacre” Headline Outrage
- 10 Henry Cavill to be Replaced by Stack of Pancakes in “Man of Steel” Sequel