Hines Ward’s Classless Comments
Hines Ward, Steelers Wide Receiver, Trash Talks Ravens After Comeback
The Steelers on in dramatic fashion tonight, breaking a 24-24 tie with a violent 2-yard touchdown run by Rashard Mendenhall with less than two minutes left. After the game, Hines Ward wasn’t afraid to squawk:
“What better way to put the Ravens out of the tournament,” Hines Ward said. “They keep asking for us and we keep putting them out of the tournament. They’re going to be ticked about this for a long time.”
Mendenhall’s amazing run was followed by an even more dramatic series of events. After a Ravens sack and incomplete pass, Roethlisberger faced a 3rd and 19 on his own 39. Big Ben Roethlisberger called for speedy rookie wide receiver to take off towards the end zone, instead of running the 15-yard stop that the play called for. Roethlisberger hit the pup in stride, and Brown ambled down to the 3. Mendenhall scored two plays later.
Afterwards, Ward clearly wasn’t afraid to talk some trash, although his comment is a little confusing. This is only the second time that the Steelers have knocked the Ravens out of the playoffs in recent years. The other came in 2008, when the Steelers outlasted the Ravens in the AFC Championship Game. The Ravens were driving late, but a Troy Polamalu pick of a Joe Flacco pass doomed the club.
Ward seems to be referencing a trend. Two times does not make a trend (I’ve met a lot of girls lately who would agree). So what do you think: is Ward being an ass?
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 Brooklyn Man Now Living Entirely Off Own Beard Garden
- 2 “Cra Cra” Now Official Diagnosis in New DSM (DSM-5)
- 3 OfficeMax Marketing Director Struggling to Make Staplers ‘Sexy’ and ‘Conversational’
- 4 First Openly Straight Figure Skater Comes Forward
- 5 Area Man Tailors Life To Be More Relevant To His Hulu Advertisements
- 6 Fan Banging Furiously on Glass Could Be the Difference in Hockey Playoffs
- 7 Survey: 88% of Eagles Fans Too Drunk To Spell Nnamdi Asomugha Last Season
- 8 Attorney Actually Starting to Believe Own Bullshit
- 9 Homeless Guy Woos Silicon Valley VCs with Low-Tech Crowdfunding Strartup
- 10 Local Mom Won’t Stop Being First Person to Like Every Goddamn Thing Son Posts to Facebook