Packers-Falcons Line Drops Drastically
Last night, I passed out with my cursor on “submit” for a 100 dollar online bet on the Packers +2.5 (damn you, alcohol, marijuana and masturbation.) This morning, the line had dropped all the way to +1.
Based purely on the seeds–a 1-seed vs 6-seed–it’s surprising that the line is so low. Vegas usually gives a 3-point edge to the home team, so the current +1 line is equal to an admission of the Packers’ superiority.
Honestly, the Packers are the superior team and deserving of the respect Vegas is giving them. Aaron Rodgers already proved his playoff pedigree last season, engineering a thrilling five-consecutive-touchdown comeback in an overtime loss to the Cardinals last postseason. Rodgers went 28-42 for 423 yards and 4 touchdowns while closing a 35-10 second-half deficit to tie the game at 45.
Matt Ryan is a considered a top quarterback as well, and this will be his post-season debut. If he has a debut that even comes close to matching Rodgers’ epic performance from a year ago, the Falcons will have the opportunity to prove critics and Vegas wrong.
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 Brooklyn Man Now Living Entirely Off Own Beard Garden
- 2 “Cra Cra” Now Official Diagnosis in New DSM (DSM-5)
- 3 OfficeMax Marketing Director Struggling to Make Staplers ‘Sexy’ and ‘Conversational’
- 4 First Openly Straight Figure Skater Comes Forward
- 5 Area Man Tailors Life To Be More Relevant To His Hulu Advertisements
- 6 Fan Banging Furiously on Glass Could Be the Difference in Hockey Playoffs
- 7 Homeless Guy Woos Silicon Valley VCs with Low-Tech Crowdfunding Startup
- 8 Survey: 88% of Eagles Fans Too Drunk To Spell Nnamdi Asomugha Last Season
- 9 Attorney Actually Starting to Believe Own Bullshit
- 10 Local Mom Won’t Stop Being First Person to Like Every Goddamn Thing Son Posts to Facebook