The TO Show: Terrell Owens Starts Twitter Revolution for Michael Vick
Dissent is in the air. I can smell it. There are two wars abroad. An economic crisis at home. It’s times like these when the masses must rise up to make things right.
Remember the 1960′s? You couldn’t toss a draft card folded up like a paper airplane and not hit a protester.
And even then, athletes were making their voices heard to effect change. Who can forget (or at least, hasn’t heard about) Tommie Smith and John Carlos’s dramatic “Black Power Salute” at the 1968 Olympics?
So it is no surprise that Terrell Owens wants to make himself heard. TO is sacrificing of himself by organizing a movement to get Michael Vick back on the field as soon as possible via Twitter. Earlier tonight he tweeted:
terrellowens81Who’s w/me on the Vick situation? All n favor, lemme get a tweet 2 support Mike Vick! He did the time 4 the crime! Let the guy play!!
Very moving stuff. A little bit later he followed up with:
Now that is how you change the world!
In the future, our grandchildren will only be able to process thoughts with 140 characters or less.
Follow Fastersport on Twitter
Photo by JacobRuff
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 Amanda Bynes’s Behavior Revealed to Be Elaborate PSA
- 2 Obama Horrified by the Grammar in Our Emails
- 3 Monster Fart Prompting Management to Rethink “Open Office”
- 4 NSA Demanded Access To Un-Filtered Instagram Photos
- 5 Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson Ambushed By Alan ‘The Paper’ Rubinstein
- 6 ‘Licensed to Kim Jong Il’ Records 27th Straight Year Atop N. Korean Charts
- 7 ‘A/S/L’ Most Asked Question At Kaplan Online University Reunion
- 8 Vice Magazine Now Only Hiring Writers Who Fail Drug Test
- 9 Stanley Cup Final One Blowout Away From “Boston Massacre” Headline Outrage
- 10 Henry Cavill to be Replaced by Stack of Pancakes in “Man of Steel” Sequel