Maxim’s Hot 100? Blah. These Women are Hotter
Flavorwire’s Alternative Top 10 to Maxim’s Hot 100
- Every year, we remind ourselves not to take the Maxim Hot 100 seriously, and yet every year we end up spending a little bit too long puzzling over it. This year’s edition brought a number of mysteries: How did Amanda Bynes get to be 23 years old already? Who is iJustine? Katy Perry is really the sexiest lady the magazine could find?
But overall, the list was predictable: It just wasn’t particularly diverse, in terms of the ages, races, and body types. Swimsuit and lingerie models were wildly overrepresented. And you know what? We think we could do better. After the jump, we present an alternative top 10. Weigh in with your picks in the comments.
Maxim picked: Swimsuit model Marisa Miller
Our pick: Let’s forget, for a moment, that the idea of the wholesome, blonde all-American girl is sort of offensive to every American girl that doesn’t fit that ideal. Working within those constraints, we’re going with Amanda Seyfried, a soap opera and CSI alum who has about a million movies just out or in production while holding her own with some of TV’s best actresses on the maddeningly addictive Big Love.
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 Brooklyn Man Now Living Entirely Off Own Beard Garden
- 2 “Cra Cra” Now Official Diagnosis in New DSM (DSM-5)
- 3 OfficeMax Marketing Director Struggling to Make Staplers ‘Sexy’ and ‘Conversational’
- 4 First Openly Straight Figure Skater Comes Forward
- 5 Area Man Tailors Life To Be More Relevant To His Hulu Advertisements
- 6 Fan Banging Furiously on Glass Could Be the Difference in Hockey Playoffs
- 7 Survey: 88% of Eagles Fans Too Drunk To Spell Nnamdi Asomugha Last Season
- 8 Attorney Actually Starting to Believe Own Bullshit
- 9 Homeless Guy Woos Silicon Valley VCs with Low-Tech Crowdfunding Strartup
- 10 Local Mom Won’t Stop Being First Person to Like Every Goddamn Thing Son Posts to Facebook