The Karate Kid and Nine Others Kids’ Movies to Watch Again as An Adult
- A new version of The Karate Kid hits theaters today, and we’re feeling ambivalent. Wasn’t the original Daniel Larusso/Mr. Miyagi combination fantastic enough? Plus, the updated edition replaces “wax on, wax off” with “jacket on, jacket off,” and it’s not even about karate. It’s about kung fu. Is nothing sacred?
Inspired by our enduring love for the original Karate Kid, we’ve compiled a list of ten films you probably watched as a kid that you should watch again as an adult – not only because we believe nostalgia is a virtue worth cultivating, but also because we believe these are simply great movies. As an adult, you may enjoy them for different reasons than you did as a wide-eyed youngster, but that just proves their timelessness. After all, aliens, princesses, and imagination don’t discriminate based on age.
This weird-looking creature found his way onto our planet and into our hearts, and garnered Spielberg a lot of money and acclaim in the process. As kids, we liked the glowing finger and flying bike, but now we like picking out all the allusions to Christianity.
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 Brooklyn Man Now Living Entirely Off Own Beard Garden
- 2 First Openly Straight Figure Skater Comes Forward
- 3 “Cra Cra” Now Official Diagnosis in New DSM (DSM-5)
- 4 OfficeMax Marketing Director Struggling to Make Staplers ‘Sexy’ and ‘Conversational’
- 5 Area Man Tailors Life To Be More Relevant To His Hulu Advertisements
- 6 Homeless Guy Woos Silicon Valley VCs with Low-Tech Crowdfunding Startup
- 7 Fan Banging Furiously on Glass Could Be the Difference in Hockey Playoffs
- 8 Survey: 88% of Eagles Fans Too Drunk To Spell Nnamdi Asomugha Last Season
- 9 Attorney Actually Starting to Believe Own Bullshit
- 10 Local Mom Won’t Stop Being First Person to Like Every Goddamn Thing Son Posts to Facebook