Did Kelly Clarkson Steal a Song?
Did Kelly Clarkson Rip Off Arcade Fire?
- In a world where we have artists like Girl Talk, it’s hard to take plagiarism accusations between musicians as seriously as we once might have. (Except for that guy who ripped off the White Stripes for the Air Force Super Bowl ad. That was impossible to write off as “inspired by.”) But that doesn’t stop them from rolling in. The latest: Kelly Clarkson is being accused of ripping of Arcade Fire’s “Rebellion (Lies)” in a newly-leaked demo for “Naked Eye.”
When Vulture’s Edith Zimmerman first drew a comparison between the two yesterday, we’re embarrassed to admit that we couldn’t hear it. Then our helpful music editor Judy Berman pointed out that the songs share a very similar drum beat. She also copped to liking Kelly Clarkson’s version better. We experienced a quarterlife crisis around the same time that Funeral came out, so we’re on Team Fire.
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 Amanda Bynes’s Behavior Revealed to Be Elaborate PSA
- 2 Obama Horrified by the Grammar in Our Emails
- 3 Monster Fart Prompting Management to Rethink “Open Office”
- 4 NSA Demanded Access To Un-Filtered Instagram Photos
- 5 Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson Ambushed By Alan ‘The Paper’ Rubinstein
- 6 ‘Licensed to Kim Jong Il’ Records 27th Straight Year Atop N. Korean Charts
- 7 ‘A/S/L’ Most Asked Question At Kaplan Online University Reunion
- 8 Vice Magazine Now Only Hiring Writers Who Fail Drug Test
- 9 Stanley Cup Final One Blowout Away From “Boston Massacre” Headline Outrage