Did Kelly Clarkson Steal a Song?
Did Kelly Clarkson Rip Off Arcade Fire?
- In a world where we have artists like Girl Talk, it’s hard to take plagiarism accusations between musicians as seriously as we once might have. (Except for that guy who ripped off the White Stripes for the Air Force Super Bowl ad. That was impossible to write off as “inspired by.”) But that doesn’t stop them from rolling in. The latest: Kelly Clarkson is being accused of ripping of Arcade Fire’s “Rebellion (Lies)” in a newly-leaked demo for “Naked Eye.”
When Vulture’s Edith Zimmerman first drew a comparison between the two yesterday, we’re embarrassed to admit that we couldn’t hear it. Then our helpful music editor Judy Berman pointed out that the songs share a very similar drum beat. She also copped to liking Kelly Clarkson’s version better. We experienced a quarterlife crisis around the same time that Funeral came out, so we’re on Team Fire.
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 Brooklyn Man Now Living Entirely Off Own Beard Garden
- 2 First Openly Straight Figure Skater Comes Forward
- 3 “Cra Cra” Now Official Diagnosis in New DSM (DSM-5)
- 4 OfficeMax Marketing Director Struggling to Make Staplers ‘Sexy’ and ‘Conversational’
- 5 Area Man Tailors Life To Be More Relevant To His Hulu Advertisements
- 6 Homeless Guy Woos Silicon Valley VCs with Low-Tech Crowdfunding Startup
- 7 Fan Banging Furiously on Glass Could Be the Difference in Hockey Playoffs
- 8 Survey: 88% of Eagles Fans Too Drunk To Spell Nnamdi Asomugha Last Season
- 9 Attorney Actually Starting to Believe Own Bullshit
- 10 Local Mom Won’t Stop Being First Person to Like Every Goddamn Thing Son Posts to Facebook