Jersey Shore Spin-Offs
Here Come the Jersey Shore Spin-Offs
- Last December, The Jersey Shore became a pop culture phenomenon. Not only do the juiced up and overly-tan Italian-American cast members have a hit show, they’ve made the rounds on the late night talk show circuit, re-enacted the Best Picture nominated films, and introduced a new dance craze.
Now other proud hyphenated American groups want to cash in on the of-the-moment fervor and as a result there have been several casting calls for shows that are using The Jersey Shore formula. We’ve already told you about the L.E.S. version, but after the jump we’ve rounded up other shows that are in the works and added one that we’d like to see.
The Asian-American Version
Found in the Help Wanted section of LA’s Craigslist, Tyrese Gibson’s HQ Pictures is looking for “beautiful Asian-Americans with lively, strong, and unique personalities between the ages of 18 to 30 with equally interesting life stories and perspectives to share.” But that’s not all folks. They’re also encouraging those who “are not Asian but are obsessed with Asian culture or people in some way” to apply as well. We think that part is way creepy.
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 Brooklyn Man Now Living Entirely Off Own Beard Garden
- 2 “Cra Cra” Now Official Diagnosis in New DSM (DSM-5)
- 3 OfficeMax Marketing Director Struggling to Make Staplers ‘Sexy’ and ‘Conversational’
- 4 First Openly Straight Figure Skater Comes Forward
- 5 Area Man Tailors Life To Be More Relevant To His Hulu Advertisements
- 6 Fan Banging Furiously on Glass Could Be the Difference in Hockey Playoffs
- 7 Survey: 88% of Eagles Fans Too Drunk To Spell Nnamdi Asomugha Last Season
- 8 Attorney Actually Starting to Believe Own Bullshit
- 9 Homeless Guy Woos Silicon Valley VCs with Low-Tech Crowdfunding Strartup
- 10 Local Mom Won’t Stop Being First Person to Like Every Goddamn Thing Son Posts to Facebook