Dear Sarah Palin, Would You Take Us Wolf Hunting?
Sarah Palin Gets a Letter
Kids are unfiltered, and thus, terrifyingly honest. Enter 30-something Bill Geerhart in the ’90s – unemployed, opinionated, and best able to express his snark through writing. Thus beganLittle Billy’s Letters, a collection of correspondences between some of the most recognizable figures in popular culture and Bill, posing as ten-year-old Billy (chicken scratch, typos, and all). Think political, religious, and educational advice from icons who range from the cast of 90210 to Charles Manson. While some of the responses Billy receives consist only of a signed head shot, others are incredibly sensitive and well thought out. Check out his letter to then Governor Sarah Palin, along with the response he got from her dad, after the jump.
- To Governor Sarah Palin:
October 14, 2008
Dear Governor Palin,
This is a project for my school. We’re supposed to write to someone public we admire and ask a question. My grampa helped me find your address. He likes the way you wink at him from the T.V. My question is if my family visited Alaska would you take us Wolf hunting from your helicopter? That would be really cool! Could you allso send a picture?
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 First Openly Straight Figure Skater Comes Forward
- 2 Brooklyn Man Now Living Entirely Off Own Beard Garden
- 3 “Cra Cra” Now Official Diagnosis in New DSM (DSM-5)
- 4 OfficeMax Marketing Director Struggling to Make Staplers ‘Sexy’ and ‘Conversational’
- 5 Homeless Guy Woos Silicon Valley VCs with Low-Tech Crowdfunding Startup
- 6 Area Man Tailors Life To Be More Relevant To His Hulu Advertisements
- 7 Fan Banging Furiously on Glass Could Be the Difference in Hockey Playoffs
- 8 Survey: 88% of Eagles Fans Too Drunk To Spell Nnamdi Asomugha Last Season
- 9 Attorney Actually Starting to Believe Own Bullshit
- 10 Local Mom Won’t Stop Being First Person to Like Every Goddamn Thing Son Posts to Facebook