Word Riot Inc. Travel Grants and Paula Anderson Award
Word Riot, a great online literary magazine and small press*, is expanding into a new endeavor: Word Riot Inc., a nonprofit “dedicated to promoting independent literature and supporting emerging writers.”
Of particular interest to emerging writers will be Word Riot Inc.’s travel grants and small press book award:
We are now accepting applications from small press writers for $100 to $500 travel grants. In the small press world, a little funding can make the world of difference in a project’s success. Word Riot Inc. travel grants will help offset the costs a writer incurs participating in readings and literary events around the country.
In addition, Word Riot Inc. will sponsor the Paula Anderson Book Award. The annual award will provide a $1,000 grant to the author of a short story collection or novel published by an independent press.
Emerging writers and small presses can use all the help they can get in this publishing climate, so Word Riot Inc. is exciting to see. You can read more or apply here.
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 Amanda Bynes’s Behavior Revealed to Be Elaborate PSA
- 2 Obama Horrified by the Grammar in Our Emails
- 3 Monster Fart Prompting Management to Rethink “Open Office”
- 4 NSA Demanded Access To Un-Filtered Instagram Photos
- 5 Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson Ambushed By Alan ‘The Paper’ Rubinstein
- 6 ‘Licensed to Kim Jong Il’ Records 27th Straight Year Atop N. Korean Charts
- 7 ‘A/S/L’ Most Asked Question At Kaplan Online University Reunion
- 8 Stanley Cup Final One Blowout Away From “Boston Massacre” Headline Outrage
- 9 Vice Magazine Now Only Hiring Writers Who Fail Drug Test