Word Riot Inc. Travel Grants and Paula Anderson Award
Word Riot, a great online literary magazine and small press*, is expanding into a new endeavor: Word Riot Inc., a nonprofit “dedicated to promoting independent literature and supporting emerging writers.”
Of particular interest to emerging writers will be Word Riot Inc.’s travel grants and small press book award:
We are now accepting applications from small press writers for $100 to $500 travel grants. In the small press world, a little funding can make the world of difference in a project’s success. Word Riot Inc. travel grants will help offset the costs a writer incurs participating in readings and literary events around the country.
In addition, Word Riot Inc. will sponsor the Paula Anderson Book Award. The annual award will provide a $1,000 grant to the author of a short story collection or novel published by an independent press.
Emerging writers and small presses can use all the help they can get in this publishing climate, so Word Riot Inc. is exciting to see. You can read more or apply here.
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 Brooklyn Man Now Living Entirely Off Own Beard Garden
- 2 “Cra Cra” Now Official Diagnosis in New DSM (DSM-5)
- 3 OfficeMax Marketing Director Struggling to Make Staplers ‘Sexy’ and ‘Conversational’
- 4 First Openly Straight Figure Skater Comes Forward
- 5 Area Man Tailors Life To Be More Relevant To His Hulu Advertisements
- 6 Fan Banging Furiously on Glass Could Be the Difference in Hockey Playoffs
- 7 Survey: 88% of Eagles Fans Too Drunk To Spell Nnamdi Asomugha Last Season
- 8 Attorney Actually Starting to Believe Own Bullshit
- 9 Homeless Guy Woos Silicon Valley VCs with Low-Tech Crowdfunding Strartup
- 10 Local Mom Won’t Stop Being First Person to Like Every Goddamn Thing Son Posts to Facebook