NFL Fantasy Football: Week Four Waiver Wire Tips
This coming week is the first of the bye weeks. Plus, there were a few injuries this past weekend. So, if you need to churn the bottom of your roster, here are some names to keep in mind:
Christian Ponder: (available in 94% of ESPN leagues) He’s been getting better each week and now that Jerome Simpson is coming off suspension Ponder will have another weapon to throw to. Next week, he faces the Titans who did give up 41 points to the Lions, most of that through the air to both Matt Stafford and Shaun Hill.
Shaun Hill: (available in 99% of ESPN leagues) He had to finish the game for Stafford who had an MRI on his injured leg today. The Lions are keeping mum on Stafford’s status until Friday. It might not be a bad idea to pick him up if Stafford is your starter, especially with all the passing weapons the Lions have and a Vikes defense that can be scored upon through the air.
Mikel Leshoure: (available in 64% of ESPN leagues) As he racked up over 100 yards and a TD against the Titans, no other Lions back really got a look.
Tashard Choice: (available in 99% of ESPN leagues) With Spiller out for 1-2 weeks, Choice is the starter inn Buffalo for now.
Daniel Thomas: (available in 42% of ESPN leagues) Reggie Bush suffered no structural damage to his knee, but he’s likely to be giving up more touches to Thomas until it’s completely sound again.
Cecil Shorts: (available in 99% of ESPN leagues) He’s basically the #3 WR but Laurent Robinson’s been dealing with a concussion and Shorts could be a decent bye week fill-in against the Bengals this week.
Jeremy Kerley: (available in 95% of ESPN leagues) For the second time in three weeks Kerley went over double digits. He may not get a lot of receptions but Kerley is a scoring threat. The big downside, the Jets play the Niners and Texans the next two weeks. But Ponder and Manning showed that those defenses can be attacked.
Kyle Rudolph: (available in 86% of ESPN leagues) He’s been slowing building his points production, and while he doesn’t get a lot of yards Rudolph is someone Ponder looks for in the red zone.
Dennis Pitta: (available in 57% of ESPN leagues) Pitta’s another non athletic yet big red zone target and Flacco looks for him a lot.
Heath Miller: (available in 72% of ESPN leagues) The old pro is on a bye this week but if you have room on your roster it wouldn’t be a bad idea to stash him. It looks like in Haley’s offense the TE is going to get a lot more opportunities than in the past.
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 First Openly Straight Figure Skater Comes Forward
- 2 Brooklyn Man Now Living Entirely Off Own Beard Garden
- 3 “Cra Cra” Now Official Diagnosis in New DSM (DSM-5)
- 4 OfficeMax Marketing Director Struggling to Make Staplers ‘Sexy’ and ‘Conversational’
- 5 Homeless Guy Woos Silicon Valley VCs with Low-Tech Crowdfunding Startup
- 6 Area Man Tailors Life To Be More Relevant To His Hulu Advertisements
- 7 Fan Banging Furiously on Glass Could Be the Difference in Hockey Playoffs
- 8 Survey: 88% of Eagles Fans Too Drunk To Spell Nnamdi Asomugha Last Season
- 9 Local Mom Won’t Stop Being First Person to Like Every Goddamn Thing Son Posts to Facebook
- 10 Shaq Confident He Will Eventually Make Funny Quip on TNT