Fantasy Basketball: Weird Stats
As the season comes near the midway point, I’m going to point out some of the most interesting statistics of the year thusfar. Statistics are what make fantasy sports, so pay attention to this ramble.
Last year James Jones 6 for 29 in 2pt field goals. This year he has gone 11 for 25 in 2pt field goals. In those two years, he has gone 112 for 266 in 3pt field goals. The number of 3 pointers over 2 pointers for James Jones is easily the biggest in the NBA, but he does not get the most 3 pointers per minute. DeShawn Stevenson would average 3.7 threes per 35 minutes. And Shawne Williams has been shooting 59% from 3 point land.
Tony Allen has 2.9 steals per game as a starter, but the most steals per minute goes to Jeremy Lin. He averages 4.6 steals per 35 minutes.
Kevin Love has not gotten a double double in only 5 games and Blake Griffin has missed the double double only 7 times.
5 players have played more than 20 games and shot better than 60% from the field. Only Nene Hilario has averaged more than 5 field goals made. 12 players have played more than 20 games and shot better than 90% from the line. Only Chauncey Billups has averaged more than 5 free throws per game. Somethings going on in Denver.
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 Brooklyn Man Now Living Entirely Off Own Beard Garden
- 2 First Openly Straight Figure Skater Comes Forward
- 3 “Cra Cra” Now Official Diagnosis in New DSM (DSM-5)
- 4 OfficeMax Marketing Director Struggling to Make Staplers ‘Sexy’ and ‘Conversational’
- 5 Homeless Guy Woos Silicon Valley VCs with Low-Tech Crowdfunding Startup
- 6 Area Man Tailors Life To Be More Relevant To His Hulu Advertisements
- 7 Fan Banging Furiously on Glass Could Be the Difference in Hockey Playoffs
- 8 Survey: 88% of Eagles Fans Too Drunk To Spell Nnamdi Asomugha Last Season
- 9 Attorney Actually Starting to Believe Own Bullshit
- 10 Local Mom Won’t Stop Being First Person to Like Every Goddamn Thing Son Posts to Facebook