Fantasy Basketball: Fad or For Real
I enjoy the alliteration of my title despite its cheesiness. Now, let’s move on.
Some players are enjoying some moderate success right now, but let’s determine which players are worth picking up off the waiver wire.
DeShawn Stevenson: (15% owned)He’s been averaging over 19 points with 4.75 threes in the last 4 games. But this is with Nowitzki out. This is with Butler out. Butler being gone isn’t going to open up a large scoring hole that only be filled by a man with more daddy issues than any kids that Ron Artest might have. Nowitzki will come back and Stevenson will be back to 12 points and 1.2 threes. Fad!
Tony Allen: (6% owned) In games where he has gotten over 20 minutes, Tony Allen has averaged 11.9 Pts, 3.6 Rebs, 2 Asts, 0.75 Blks, and just under half a three a game. So, why am I talking about him? Because he’s also averaged 3.1 steals per game, and it looks like he will be getting over 20 minutes a game regularly now. If you need steals, he’s perfect. He may not give you much else, but he will give you so many steals. For Real!
Chris Douglas-Roberts: (6% owned) Over the last two games CDR has gotten 54 pts, 5 steals, 4 blocks, and 3 threes. Those are great numbers. He’s also done it on 64% shooting and in over 77 minutes. That’s still 0.7 pts per minute, or 14 pts per 20 minutes, which is the number of minutes he’ll be getting once people start returning from injuries. Taking a player from the Bucks is a frightening idea right now as nearly their entire starting five is injury-laden. Fad!
Tracy McGrady (26% owned): Everybody started picking up the former scoring champ the first day he scored over 20, and he hasn’t reached that mark since. But it’s not his points that make McGrady valuable. In his last 10 games he has averaged 5 APG, and 4.3 RPG, and in his last three those numbers are 8 and 5.3 respectively. It’s hard to predict anything about the Pistons lineup, but since this addition of McGrady to the people who get a lot of minutes for Detroit has nothing to do with injuries, I’m tempted to say this one sitcks. For Real!
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 First Openly Straight Figure Skater Comes Forward
- 2 Brooklyn Man Now Living Entirely Off Own Beard Garden
- 3 “Cra Cra” Now Official Diagnosis in New DSM (DSM-5)
- 4 OfficeMax Marketing Director Struggling to Make Staplers ‘Sexy’ and ‘Conversational’
- 5 Homeless Guy Woos Silicon Valley VCs with Low-Tech Crowdfunding Startup
- 6 Area Man Tailors Life To Be More Relevant To His Hulu Advertisements
- 7 Fan Banging Furiously on Glass Could Be the Difference in Hockey Playoffs
- 8 Survey: 88% of Eagles Fans Too Drunk To Spell Nnamdi Asomugha Last Season
- 9 Attorney Actually Starting to Believe Own Bullshit
- 10 Local Mom Won’t Stop Being First Person to Like Every Goddamn Thing Son Posts to Facebook