Touched By An Angel Star Dies Mysteriously
It seems almost disrespectful not to go with the angelic pun at the ready here, so I will not resist the urge. John Dye is with the angels today. One of the stars of long-running 90s television mainstay Touched By An Angel, Dye portrayed the Angel of Death, a figure named Andrew. Dye was 47 years old, and while mostly known for his television, he also dabbled in film work. His most recent appearance was in the Wayne Kennedy martial arts picture, Fist of the Warrior.
Touched By An Angel ran for nine seasons on CBS, and while Dye was introduced in the first season, he only became a series regular at the start of the third season. The show focused on a group of Angels who bring messages from God to people at difficult crossroads in their lives. Dye starred with Roma Downey, Della Reese, and Valerie Bertinelli.
His young death is suitably mysterious for the Angel of Death. While doctors believe that it may be due to some kind of heart failure connected to a long-term health condition, there’s no clear explanation for the actor’s passing. The passing occurred earlier this week, with his family deciding to withhold the information as they made arrangements for Dye’s memorial service.
The memorial service for John Dye will be open to the public, and held on January 22 in Dye’s hometown of Amory, Mississippi. The family is asking concerned parties to please give to the Amory Food Pantry or the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation in honor of the Actor’s life and work.
Image from [eonline.com]
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 First Openly Straight Figure Skater Comes Forward
- 2 Brooklyn Man Now Living Entirely Off Own Beard Garden
- 3 “Cra Cra” Now Official Diagnosis in New DSM (DSM-5)
- 4 OfficeMax Marketing Director Struggling to Make Staplers ‘Sexy’ and ‘Conversational’
- 5 Homeless Guy Woos Silicon Valley VCs with Low-Tech Crowdfunding Startup
- 6 Area Man Tailors Life To Be More Relevant To His Hulu Advertisements
- 7 Fan Banging Furiously on Glass Could Be the Difference in Hockey Playoffs
- 8 Survey: 88% of Eagles Fans Too Drunk To Spell Nnamdi Asomugha Last Season
- 9 Attorney Actually Starting to Believe Own Bullshit
- 10 Local Mom Won’t Stop Being First Person to Like Every Goddamn Thing Son Posts to Facebook