“Family Ties” Mom: I’m Gay
Meredith Paxter and partner Nancy Locke
Elyse Keaton (no no, not Diane), best known as Michael J. Fox’s mom on “Family Ties” (and considerably less recognized by her real name, Meredith Baxter) has come out of the closet.
Baxter, 62, has been with her partner, Nancy Locke, for four years. But The Advocate says that she decided to come out after she “made a splash” on a recent lesbian cruise. Knowing that the gossip columns would be busy cooking up some sort of steamy, sordid tale, Baxter decided to “take control of the story she knew would follow,” with not one, not two, but three interviews with The Advocate (duh), Today and People.
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 First Openly Straight Figure Skater Comes Forward
- 2 Brooklyn Man Now Living Entirely Off Own Beard Garden
- 3 “Cra Cra” Now Official Diagnosis in New DSM (DSM-5)
- 4 OfficeMax Marketing Director Struggling to Make Staplers ‘Sexy’ and ‘Conversational’
- 5 Homeless Guy Woos Silicon Valley VCs with Low-Tech Crowdfunding Startup
- 6 Area Man Tailors Life To Be More Relevant To His Hulu Advertisements
- 7 Fan Banging Furiously on Glass Could Be the Difference in Hockey Playoffs
- 8 Survey: 88% of Eagles Fans Too Drunk To Spell Nnamdi Asomugha Last Season
- 9 Attorney Actually Starting to Believe Own Bullshit
- 10 Local Mom Won’t Stop Being First Person to Like Every Goddamn Thing Son Posts to Facebook