Sandler’s ‘Bucky Larson’ Flops
If it seems like it’s been about ten years since Adam Sandler was involved with a decent film, that is because it has. Remember the string of movies that Adam Sandler starred in during the late 1990s? Billy Madison, Happy Gilmore, Big Daddy, The Waterboy, The Wedding Singer, and even Little Nicky were all legitimately hilarious films that propelled the star into the Hollywood A-List.
Since the year 2000 though, his track record is much shabbier. Forgettable films such as ’50 First Dates,’ ‘Click,’ ‘Funny People,’ ‘Mr. Deeds’ and ‘Grown Ups’ mark his repertoire. ‘Spanglish’ serves as the lone bright spot for Sandler during this time, I think. Of course, the quality of these movies are, at the end of the day, determined by one’s personal opinion. Apparently however, Sandler’s latest movie has managed to unite all opinions into one unanimous consensus: “Bucky Larson: Born to Be a Star” is a terrible, terrible movie.
This weekend at the box office, the movie earned a measly 1.5 million dollars. The apprehension in regards to actually paying money to see the film probably came from Rotten Tomatoes, where the film earned a 0 % approval rating on the ‘tomatometer.’ I’m not sure how many other films have received this dubious honor, but the only one I know of is “Ballistic: Ecks vs. Sever” so yeah….
For those that are interested, Bucky Larson stars Nick Swardson and Christina Ricci (I know right?). Here is the official movie plot info from Sony:
“Bucky Larson: Born to Be a Star is a new comedy starring Nick Swardson, Christina Ricci, Don Johnson, and Stephen Dorff. Bucky (Swardson) is a small town grocery bagger, going nowhere in life – until he discovers that his conservative parents were once adult film stars! Armed with the belief that he has found his destiny, Bucky packs up and heads out to LA, hoping to follow in his parents’ footsteps. — (C) Sony Pictures”
This article is now over because I G2g… Seeing Bucky Larson…BBL.
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 First Openly Straight Figure Skater Comes Forward
- 2 Brooklyn Man Now Living Entirely Off Own Beard Garden
- 3 “Cra Cra” Now Official Diagnosis in New DSM (DSM-5)
- 4 OfficeMax Marketing Director Struggling to Make Staplers ‘Sexy’ and ‘Conversational’
- 5 Homeless Guy Woos Silicon Valley VCs with Low-Tech Crowdfunding Startup
- 6 Area Man Tailors Life To Be More Relevant To His Hulu Advertisements
- 7 Fan Banging Furiously on Glass Could Be the Difference in Hockey Playoffs
- 8 Survey: 88% of Eagles Fans Too Drunk To Spell Nnamdi Asomugha Last Season
- 9 Attorney Actually Starting to Believe Own Bullshit
- 10 Local Mom Won’t Stop Being First Person to Like Every Goddamn Thing Son Posts to Facebook