Derek Jeter and Minka Kelly Struck Out: The Baseball Star and Actress Announce Breakup
Yankee captain Derek Jeter and actress Minka Kelly have broken up.
It’s official: Derek Jeter and Minka Kelly have split up.
The pair had been dating for three years now and it seemed to just about everyone that the 31-year-old actress and 37-year-old Yankees superstar were very much in love and ready to settle down, maybe have a few gorgeous children with extreme amounts of talent. The baseball/somewhat obscure television world was rocked when reps confirmed the story to Page Six.
While the public is shocked, sources close to the couple have told the Post that it was at least six weeks coming. Even though Kelly was in company with Jeter’s family cheering him on when he became Mr. 3000 with his homerun hit on July 9, there was still some tension between the two.
According to one source, “They separated a couple of weeks ago. This has been hard. Like any relationship, breaking up is not easy. They were often apart because of work. They never lived together and were never formally engaged. She’s shooting in Miami and lives in LA, but she’s barely ever there.”
Kelly is currently shooting a TV remake of “Charlie’s Angels”, so understandably the long-distance relationship must be hard. Another source elaborated, saying, “He’s under a lot of pressure with the Yankees, is married to the team, and she’s working hard on a big TV show.”
Both Derek and Minka have been very mature about the whole thing. Though this is obviously recent news, there has so far been no bitter feelings splashed among tabloids or even any remarks passed to reporters. Any drama would further add to the stressful lives of both parties. After all, how could the Yankees have crushed the Athletics 22-9 on the 25th if Jeter was worried about bad press instead of getting his head in the game? And Kelly has been focusing on “Charlie’s Angels”, keeping close ties to her co-stars and a low profile in Florida. The rest of Hollywood should probably take note: this is what a breakup typically should be like when you respect the other person.
In other news, mass quantities of women everywhere are suddenly extremely interested in baseball.
More Faster Sports
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 First Openly Straight Figure Skater Comes Forward
- 2 Brooklyn Man Now Living Entirely Off Own Beard Garden
- 3 “Cra Cra” Now Official Diagnosis in New DSM (DSM-5)
- 4 OfficeMax Marketing Director Struggling to Make Staplers ‘Sexy’ and ‘Conversational’
- 5 Homeless Guy Woos Silicon Valley VCs with Low-Tech Crowdfunding Startup
- 6 Area Man Tailors Life To Be More Relevant To His Hulu Advertisements
- 7 Fan Banging Furiously on Glass Could Be the Difference in Hockey Playoffs
- 8 Survey: 88% of Eagles Fans Too Drunk To Spell Nnamdi Asomugha Last Season
- 9 Local Mom Won’t Stop Being First Person to Like Every Goddamn Thing Son Posts to Facebook
- 10 Shaq Confident He Will Eventually Make Funny Quip on TNT