Those That Wear Circular Specs: From Sigmund Freud to Harry Potter
A single tear rolled down my cheek as I made the stark realization that my favorite Weasley twin had just died, and consequently, so had my childhood. I momentarily pushed my emotions aside and managed to maintain dry eyes for the remainder of “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2.” After the movie, I couldn’t shake the feeling that I had seen Harry Potter somewhere before. No, I don’t mean like plastered all over my roommate’s wall in college, lining the shelves of virtually any store in the world or even, I admit, cropping up in a few of my dreams for the past ten or so years of my life. What I mean is, I have seen that pale, elongated face before. Those gaunt and familiar deep-set eyes, adorned with circular rims.
John Lennon. Harry Potter is creepily similar to John Lennon. Did J.K. model her brave, circular spectacled protagonist after the infamous rock star? She is British after all…
While this is all mere speculation, what stands as concrete evidence, is the fact that there have been some pretty important people throughout history and pop culture that chose to sport circular specs.
It’s time to replace those tired, “creative” rectangular black rimmed glasses you’ve been wearing for the past fifteen years with a set that are wonderfully round.
Circular specs throughout history:
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 Brooklyn Man Now Living Entirely Off Own Beard Garden
- 2 “Cra Cra” Now Official Diagnosis in New DSM (DSM-5)
- 3 OfficeMax Marketing Director Struggling to Make Staplers ‘Sexy’ and ‘Conversational’
- 4 First Openly Straight Figure Skater Comes Forward
- 5 Area Man Tailors Life To Be More Relevant To His Hulu Advertisements
- 6 Fan Banging Furiously on Glass Could Be the Difference in Hockey Playoffs
- 7 Survey: 88% of Eagles Fans Too Drunk To Spell Nnamdi Asomugha Last Season
- 8 Attorney Actually Starting to Believe Own Bullshit
- 9 Homeless Guy Woos Silicon Valley VCs with Low-Tech Crowdfunding Startup
- 10 Local Mom Won’t Stop Being First Person to Like Every Goddamn Thing Son Posts to Facebook