Waka Flocka Shooting: Gangsta Rap Lives
Waka Flocka dodged multiple bullets today at a shooting in Charlotte, NC. According to TMZ, two cars pulled up to Waka Flocka’s tour bus and opened fire. The shooting took place outside of a car stereo store.
Waka Flocka, born Juaquin Malphurs, is best known for the certified gold single, “No Hands.” Apparently the bus was shot at four times, and the rapper’s security team returned fire. The shooting comes at a time when gangsta rap isn’t as prominent as it was a few years ago. While I’m a big fan of the musical genre, it’s always a shame when bullets are actually exchanged.
Luckily Waka Flocka and his crew were not injured in the shooting. I hope this doesn’t add to the negative stigma gangsta rap has. Gangsta rap music is great music. It has soul. Gang life on the other hand is a sad reality for individuals who feel like they have no other options. That life might lead to the production of great music, but the life itself is something that gang members or people surrounded by that scene can escape through rapping. Apparently Waka Flocka hasn’t been able to escape that life entirely.
Shootings are never a good thing, but despite what the radio might have you believe, gangsta rap is alive and well. Let’s hope the rappers stay and alive and well too.
Hot Off The Laptop:
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 First Openly Straight Figure Skater Comes Forward
- 2 Brooklyn Man Now Living Entirely Off Own Beard Garden
- 3 “Cra Cra” Now Official Diagnosis in New DSM (DSM-5)
- 4 OfficeMax Marketing Director Struggling to Make Staplers ‘Sexy’ and ‘Conversational’
- 5 Homeless Guy Woos Silicon Valley VCs with Low-Tech Crowdfunding Startup
- 6 Area Man Tailors Life To Be More Relevant To His Hulu Advertisements
- 7 Fan Banging Furiously on Glass Could Be the Difference in Hockey Playoffs
- 8 Survey: 88% of Eagles Fans Too Drunk To Spell Nnamdi Asomugha Last Season
- 9 Attorney Actually Starting to Believe Own Bullshit
- 10 Local Mom Won’t Stop Being First Person to Like Every Goddamn Thing Son Posts to Facebook